Susan Picart, LCSW
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
|Secondary Credential: Individual, Marriage/Family Therapist, Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: $90-$120 per session
See other therapists in Snellville, GA.
Are you noticing that your worrying is taking over your life? Is the loss of a loved one too painful to cope? Are you trying to find a solution to a damaged marriage or relationship? Seeing a professional is one of the best decisions you can ever make for yourself, but I understand that it can also be the most difficult. That is why I am dedicated to making a positive connection with you, and working collaboratively in a meaningful and profound way. My focus in therapy is simple-- It's to help you get back to living your best life so that you can deal with your situation in the healthiest way possible. I understand that anxiety, grief, and broken relationships can derail even the strongest person. It's not easy, but it's possible. Riverbrook Counseling Center is an extension of my work in Toronto, Memphis, Cincinnati, and New York. Since 1999 I have worked with individuals, couples, children, and families, suffering from fear, anxiety, panic, grief, anger, shame, and trauma. Let's get you back to coping today so that you can conquer tomorrow.
Email or Call Susan Picart, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 24259
More Info About My Practice
I provide free 15 minute phone consultations. Therapy sessions range from $80-$120/sliding scale fee. Flexible services are available accommodating those that prefer evening and weekend sessions. I am an Aetna, Value Options, Ceridian and Compsych provider.
What I Usually Need to Know to Help
* What brings you here?
* Have you seen a counselor/therapist before? If so, what was your experience like?
* What is your viewpoint of your problem?
* How long have you been dealing with this problem?
* What have you done thus far to cope? What has been helpful? What has not been helpful?
* How does this problem typically make you feel?
* If you had three wishes that could be granted, what positive changes would you make to your life?
* Overall, how would you describe your mood?
* What are your expectations of the counseling process?
* What would it take for you to feel more contented and happier with your life?
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
* Did you feel heard by the therapist?
* Did you feel like the therapist respected you?
* Was the therapist condescending?
* Did the therapist seem like a real person or were they playing a role?
* Was the therapist passive or active in the session? What do you like better?
* Does it seem like the therapist will be open to hearing about all your feelings, including frustrated feelings relating to them?
* Did the therapist have a positive outlook on life?
* Did you feel better or worse after the session?
* Did you feel comfortable with the therapist?
* Does this seem like a safe place to express your thoughts, concerns and feelings?
Importance of the Client-Therapist Alliance
I believe the client-therapist alliance is essential in being helpful, and three components need to exist. A positive working relationship/bond between client and therapist, a consensus between therapist and client when it comes to the techniques/modalities being utilized in therapy, and a consensus between therapist and client regarding the goals to be achieved in therapy.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.