Stephanie Kahn, LCSW, RPT-S
Stephanie Kahn, LCSW, RPT-S
|Professions: Clinical Social Work, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
I am an in-network provider for:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
For over 10 years, I have been working with all ages and continue to enjoy meeting the needs of others.
As a Registered Play Therapist, I believe in the curative power of play. It is an integral part of a child's development and an essential expressive outlet. I will help your child or teen to develop effective coping skills. The gamut of issues commonly addressed include: anger management, performance anxiety, adjustments to change, panic attacks, attentional issues, depression, and medical issues. Since you as the parent/caretaker are an essential part of the process, I also offer parenting sessions in conjunction with individual and family therapy.
To best meet the unique needs of teens and adults, I individualize my approach, resulting in my often using a combination of therapies. I will follow your lead as I respect that everyone needs to go at their own pace in the therapy process. Since I believe everyone has the innate ability to heal themselves, I will work collaboratively with you to achieve your goals, including developing insight into the underlying reasons contributing to any issues. I can also provide you with effective techniques to manage the daily challenges of life.
or Call Stephanie Kahn, LCSW, RPT-S at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 24801
More Info About My Practice
Saturday hours. In NY State, I accept Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. In NJ, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, AmeriHealth, Aetna, and Medicare. Both offices are wheel chair accessible and have ample free parking available. My average fee is $120.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Trauma - EMDR Trained with Adults - I can work with you to achieve peace of mind and a sense of safety in overcoming trauma you may have experienced.
- Clinical Supervision
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Creative Blocks
- Emotional Intelligence
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Anger Management
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Integration of different therapy models
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Play Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sand Tray / Sand Play Therapy
- Thought Field Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.