Shendl Tuchman, PsyD
Shendl Tuchman, PsyD
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Psychologist - PSY19856|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in San Ramon, CA.
See other therapists in Berkeley, CA.
Relationships are big challenges. Who are we when we interact with those around us? Do we let others see us for who we really are? Can we see them? I specialize in working with individuals and couples as they try to manage their relationships: preserving them, ending them or changing them. This includes the effects of divorce and moving from a pre-divorce to a post-divorce family, whether through the court system or Collaborative Divorce, a process designed to help couples take control over the decisions that will impact their lives for many years, without going to court. While going through a divorce you might feel isolated and alone as you face legal issues, emotional turmoil, concerns for your children and financial questions. I will work with you to address your feelings, perhaps of anger, confusion and loss which can impair decision-making at this critical time. Divorce is an emotional event with legal and financial ramifications, not a legal and financial event with emotional consequences. As a family therapist, I will help you be clear about what is most important to you, the entire family, and especially the impact of divorce on your children.
Email or Call Shendl Tuchman, PsyD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00454
More Info About My Practice
Divorce Options Seminar
Divorce Options is a monthly seminar for anyone who wants to learn more about the process of divorce...mediation, collaboration, litigation, etc. You will hear about many legal, financial and psychological issues of divorce. This program will help you decide which divorce option is best for you and your family.
Second Saturday of each month - 9:15am-12:30pm
(Note: third Saturday, September 15, 2012, a one-time change)
Cost - $45
Lafayette-Orinda Presbyterian Church
49 Knox Road
Christian Life Center, Room 201
Lafayette, CA 94549
My Blog Posts
- After Divorce: When Children Resist Seeing One Parent
- 6 Considerations for Helping Young Children through Divorce
- 5 Good Reasons to Try Co-Parenting Therapy
- What We Know about How Young Children Experience Divorce
- Forgiveness and Divorce: 14 Considerations
- 15 Things Children Want You to Know About Divorce
- With Divorce, the Only Certainty Is Uncertainty
- Divorce and Social Networking Sites
- Addressing the Problems in Your Marriage Before It's Too Late
- Common Considerations for Children Coping with Divorce
- 11 Reasons to Choose a Collaborative Divorce
- Creating Divorce Rituals with Your Children
- Who Gets Which Friends?
- How Parents Make it Difficult for Children to Love Their Other Parent
- Five Rights Your Children Should Have in Your Divorce
- Dating after Divorce: Blending Families
- The Greek Chorus and Your Divorce
- Can My Child Choose Which Parent to Live With?
- To Divorce or Not to Divorce, That Is the Question
- Conflict and Co-Parenting: Mediums of Communication
- Five Considerations When Telling Your Children You Are Getting Divorced
- Shielding Children from the Details of Divorce: How to Manage Information
- Rights of First Refusal
- Ten Ingredients to Have in a Parenting Plan
- Curious about Curiosity?
- Bird Nesting: Advantages and Disadvantages of this Custody Option
- Child Custody Mediation with a Mental Health Professional
- Separated Parents: Six Ways to Manage Holiday Scheduling
- Easing Co-Parenting Communication: Scheduling and Organizing Websites
- Divorce is a Family Process: Finding the Right Professional Support
- Parallel Parenting: Minimizing Conflict for Children's Sake
- Dating After Divorce: Introducing Your Children to a New Partner
- The First Steps to Divorce
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Divorcing or separating parents and individuals, couples (including same sex)
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.