Sarah Swenson, MA, LMHC
|Professions: Coaching, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Mental Health Counselor - LH.60502682|
Billing and Insurance
Fees: Individual: $150 for 50-minute session
Couple: $220 for 50-minute session
See other therapists in Seattle, WA.
I specialize in working with individuals facing Asperger Syndrome/Autism Spectrum in their partners. This requires a unique understanding of the dilemmas and challenges encountered by the neurotypical partner, as well as the interior life of the partner on the spectrum. I teach skills for creating new means of interpersonal communication. I help individuals and couples discern whether to stay together or move apart, which includes supporting them through any necessary transitions, as we go go through the various stages of psychoeducation, understanding, grief, and rewards involved in this unique relationship.
Email or Call Sarah Swenson, MA, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09414
More Info About My Practice
If either your partner has the symptoms or a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome/Autism Spectrum, you face particular and unique issues. I can help you put words to your feelings and support you in your journey, as you learn new ways of effective communication, identify and grieve any losses, and chart a course for the future. I can help you because I understand both the interior life of the partner with AS and the of the neurotypical partner. I can help you learn to build new bridges to strengthen your relationship, which relieves anxiety. If you discern during our work that it might be better to go your separate ways, we can work together on creating this new path as well.
I work with individuals in all states and countries through Skype or through the encrypted video chat feature of my virtual office.
If you live in Seattle where I am a licensed psychotherapist, we can work together in person in my office overlooking Lake Union.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I work with individuals whose intelligence, talent, entrepreneurial skills, creativity, or other achievements and accomplishments set them apart. I also work with individuals and whose partners have symptoms or a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome/Autisim Spectrum, as well as couples in which one partner is on the spectrum.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
My practice is unusual and highly specialized. I can guide your journey of self-discovery, from which new habits, thought patterns, and choices emerge. Together we can work to help you understand your issues and replace them with behaviors that help you feel better and reach your goals. Please visit my website for extensive information about my practice.
My Blog Posts
- What Do You Really Mean When You Call Someone a Narcissist?
- How Envy Differs from Jealousy and What We Can Learn from It
- When You Suspect a Parent May Be on the Autism Spectrum
- Before You Blow Up Your ASD/Neurotypical Marriage, Read This
- Married with Undiagnosed ASD: Why Women Who Leave Lose Twice
- The Unique Challenges of Anxiety on the Autism Spectrum
- Is High-Functioning Autism an Excuse in Your Relationship?
- If You Say This and You're Not on the Autism Spectrum, Stop
- Anxiety in the Asperger’s/Autism Marriage: It Cuts Both Ways
- How Learning about Child Development Can Improve Your Parenting
- What If My Husband and Child Both Have High-Functioning Autism?
- When Adolescent Giftedness and High-Functioning Autism Converge
- The Perils of Online Testing for Asperger's
- Asperger’s Syndrome and the Illusion of Friendship
- Asperger’s Syndrome and Emotional Intelligence
- Asperger's Syndrome: What Is Theory of Mind?
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Individuals whose partners have Asperger Syndrome | Autism Spectrum; Couples with Asperger Syndrome | Autism Spectrum
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.