Sarah Jenkins, MC, LPC, CPsychol
Sarah Jenkins, MC, LPC, CPsychol
|Professions: Counseling, Psychotherapy, Social Work|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Tempe, AZ.
I truly believe that healing comes from exploring and working through what "comes up" in your mental, physical, energetic, and spiritual bodies. To me, counseling doesn't mean solely "talking about it" but also "releasing" the emotions, thoughts, and sensations that impact your life. My part in our time together is to consciously guide and ground you, while giving support as you do this healing work. I also want to help you believe and act out of what you may already know "logically" about yourself, that you are whole, not broken, and are healing. Certainly, there are just as many reasons for why you are seeking therapy, as there may be for why you may not want to. You may have fears that going to see someone means that there is something wrong with you. You may have had a negative experience in counseling before. You might be uncomfortable sharing certain feelings, thoughts, or experiences. There may even be protective layers that have piled up over the years. I get it. I also know that it can take a lot to take that first step, start counseling, and explore those deep dark places. At the same time, I can also guess that if you are reading this, that part of you believes that "somethings gotta give" and it can't stay like this.
Email or Call Sarah Jenkins, MC, LPC, CPsychol at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01438
More Info About My Practice
I specialize in EMDR therapy. I also premiered the first Equine-Assisted EMDR (EA-EMDR) protocol "EquiLateral" where Equine-Assisted Therapy and EMDR Therapy are integrated to support clients healing from trauma. I specialize in counseling for those with histories of trauma, including childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault, physical abuse, and emotional abuse. No, my counseling practice is not only limited to working with women and men who have traumatic stress. But, I know it can be hard to find someone who understands trauma. I do, should you need it. If you are already seeing a therapist, but are "stuck" around trauma related emotions, beliefs, feelings, or experiences, I can still work with you. It is important to work on these issues as they "come up" in your counseling and healing work. With this in mind, I am also able to help you do your trauma work, including EMDR therapy, while coordinating care with your primary therapist. An Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Program, Inner-Work Counseling, is also onsite should you need to address substance abuse as well.
Both nationally, and internationally, I am able to provide ongoing consultation and trainings for therapists and organizations about treating trauma and dissociation. I also provide EMDRIA Approved EMDR Basic Trainings that enable therapists to become trained in EMDR therapy.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in trauma therapy for those who have survived a wide range of disturbing life events and traumas including, but not limited to, childhood sexual, physical, emotional abuse, neglect, and abandonment.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
To remind people of who they really are. To discover one's best self, even if its hidden underneath the difficulties being experienced now.
My Blog Posts
- Action with Intention: Disentangling Wishes from Hope
- What Keeps People from Seeking Trauma Therapy?
- Trauma and Dissociation: Beyond Your ‘Window of Tolerance’
- Complex Trauma: Yes, EMDR Can Help, but It’s No Quick Fix
- What Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Can Teach Us about Trauma, Part II
- What Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Can Teach Us about Trauma, Part I
- Tug-of-War of Trauma Recovery: Our Inside and Outside Selves
- Are Blocking Beliefs Holding You Back in EMDR Therapy?
- EMDR Therapy: Separating Fact from Fiction
- EMDR and the Role of State-Change Skills
- What Horses Have to Do with EMDR and Trauma Recovery: The EquiLateral Protocol
- EMDR: Levels of Training
- More Than Just Eye Movements: The Eight Phases of EMDR
- EMDR: A Symptom-Based, Eight-Phased Treatment
- Perception: Changing Our Reality
- Money and the Inner Child
- It Wasn't Me, It Was The Dog
- The Ego, A Story Teller
- Intuition: Getting in Touch with Your Inner Guide
- Ready, Steady, Play!
- The Internal Storm
- Wild Monkeys On Board: Mindfulness in Therapy and Daily Life
- Taking Action: The Law of Attraction Is More than a Mindset
- Sexual Assault Awareness: How You Can Help
- The Quest for Wisdom
- Dissociation: Life Through a Lens
Please note: The video above was submitted by Sarah Jenkins, MC, LPC, CPsychol, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
I am an EMDRIA Approved Training Provider, EMDR Consultant and Certified EMDR therapist and specialize in treating traumatic stress, trauma, and dissociation, including women and men with histories of emotional, sexual, and physical abuse and assault.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.