Sage DeRosier, MA, LMFT
Sage DeRosier, MA, LMFT
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - 52031|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Campbell, CA.
See other therapists in San Mateo, CA.
I am not in the business of "fixing" anyone; mainly because I don't see folks as broken. On the contrary, I believe that we all naturally journey toward health, wholeness, and happiness. And sometimes we encounter obstacles on the journey and sometimes we get stuck. Option 1: stay stuck. Option 2: gather your courage and take the risk of reaching out for support - to meaningfully connect with others and perhaps learn new ways to deal with the obstacles.
In my experience, the best outcomes of psychotherapy result from the joint effort of everyone involved. Benefits you can get from therapy are directly linked to your efforts in and between our sessions. Some potential benefits can include: reduced stress/anxiety, decreased negative thoughts and self-sabotaging behaviors, improved interpersonal relationships, and increased comfort in work, social, and family interactions.
I provide sacred time, space, and focus to you, commitment to guard your confidentiality, a wealth of experience in active and compassionate communication, the willingness and ability to illuminate possibly unknown facets of your situation, creative experiments for you to take new perspectives, make different choices, and experience new behaviors. I deeply believe that when you participate fully in the therapeutic process, commit to rigorous honesty, fully experience (sometimes unpleasant) feelings, thoughts, and behaviors, that you will move beyond obstacles, that you cannot help but progress toward significantly improving the quality of your life.
Email or Call Sage DeRosier, MA, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 22207
More Info About My Practice
I offer up to 30 minutes phone consultation at no cost to you to help us assess your situation and determine whether it would make sense to meet for an initial session. NOTE: I have decided not to join any health insurance panels because it is important to me to maintain your right to privacy as well as to remain as free as possible from outside restrictions that may limit or interfere with our work. You are responsible for all fees. If you have an insurance plan that provides out-of-network mental health care reimbursement, I can provide you with a statement called a superbill that you can then submit to your insurance provider.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Here's my two cents based on being both a client AND a therapist:
1) Do your research - read up, ask around, and take advantage of free telephone consultations. Ask questions about the therapist's theoretical focus, ways of working with clients, scheduling flexibility/availability. Check if the therapist's license is clear and up-to-date. Ask if the therapist has positive experience working with challenges like yours.
2) While money is usually a major factor in choosing a therapist, do not let that be the primary deciding factor. Sometimes the right therapist for you is not in your insurance network. If your sense is that a therapist is a good fit for you and their fee is unaffordable for you, ask if there's a sliding scale and notice if the therapist is willing to negotiate for a win-win situation.
3) Make the right connection for YOU; this is vital. The right connection for you will elicit pleasant feelings, so notice if you feel hopeful, curious, excited, relieved, or just calmly sure. It's important that you feel a sense of safety, respect, caring, and attentive regard from your therapist. Do they make comfortable eye contact? Do they demonstrate that they are listening to you and seem genuinely curious about your situation and your goal/s for therapy?
4) Look for a therapist who wants to partner with and be of support to you on your therapeutic journey. Notice and be leery if the therapist postures as the authority or the expert of you.
5) Trust your gut.
Services I Provide
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Couples, poly-identified, kink-identified, gender fluid and transgender-identified youth and their families, queer-identified, foster youth and their families, blended families, non-traditional families.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.