Rune Moelbak, PhD
|Professions: Counseling, Psychology, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Psychologist - 36117|
Billing and Insurance
Fees: $165 for 50 min Session
$215 for 1h 20 min Session
See other therapists in Houston, TX.
You want your depression to go away and your spark to return. I specialize in therapy for depression and low self-esteem. I can help you regain passion and meaning in your life. The cause of depression is complicated and often involves feelings of guilt, shame, and anxiety. I help you uncover the feelings, memories, and beliefs that have shaped who you are today, so you can get "unstuck" from the things that are pulling you down and holding you back. If you are like most clients, you will be quite surprised at what you will learn about yourself. Together we will uncover the deeper underlying issues that are keeping you depressed, so you can free yourself from them, and set your life on a different path.
How am I different from other therapists?:
I specialize in depression and low self-esteem
I don't just treat your symptoms, but help you get to the root of your problems so you truly understand the reasons WHY you feel depressed.
I believe in exploring your past to discover the ways in which earlier life experiences explain and continue to shape how you think and feel about yourself.
I take a non-pathologizing approach to your issues, which means that I don't treat your depression as an illness, but as a sign that you have become lost to yourself and need to address underlying issues outside your immediate awareness.
I know that you live a busy life, so I offer appointments during evenings and weekends so you don't have to take time off from work, and don't have to explain yourself to your boss or colleagues.
I invite you to look at my website (click link under my profile picture). Here you can find valuable information about depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. If you are interested, you can also check availability, and book your first appointment directly on-line.
Email or Call Rune Moelbak, PhD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 18886
More Info About My Practice
Session fee: $165 (50 minutes), $215 (80 minutes)
Cash and credit cards accepted
Reasons not to use insurance to pay for therapy:
1. I don't have to provide a medical diagnosis and you can most often avoid being assigned a "label" that would otherwise go in your medical record.
2. Many people go to therapy without meeting criteria for a specific medical diagnosis and therefore don't qualify for reimbursement through their insurance policies
3. You get therapy that is truly confidential (no insurance company will have access to information about the fact that you are seeing a psychologist, nor will they have a record of your number of visits)
4. You are free to attend as many sessions as you like and I am free to provide therapy that best meets your needs (insurance companies can't stipulate length of therapy or interfere with your therapy)
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
Psychotherapy helps you discover the truth of why you do things the way you do them. This truth is always a truth that is unique to your own life story and it is one that needs to be discovered through an exploration of your own experiences, feelings, dreams, wishes, loves, and losses. Therapy is a process of self-discovery that leads to gradual change in your feelings about yourself.
Please note: The video above was submitted by Rune Moelbak, PhD, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
General Adult Population
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.