Peter Cashorali, LMFT
Peter Cashorali, LMFT
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Counselor, Social Worker|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - 42784|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: 125 dollars per 60-minute session; 180 dollars per 90-minute session.
See other therapists in Pasadena, CA.
We seek therapy in order to decrease suffering. My commitment is to aide you in achieving this goal. Where we focus-- whether that's on your current experience, on your early attachment to caregivers, or on developing effective coping skills-- depends on what you feel is most important. This is one of the things we address in our first consultation.
Often we carry the solutions to our problems within ourselves. My work is to elicit these solutions. I approach this by seeking to increase both your and my awareness. Our awareness of where things in your life come from, what purpose they're trying to serve, what your values are, what works for you and what doesn't work so well.
Therapy is deeply collaborative. It requires your sense of being safe and free from judgment as much as it does my compassion and training. It can be one of the most creative works in a person's life, in which they take an active and effective hand in making that life. I look forward to working with you.
Email or Call Peter Cashorali, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 20671
More Info About My Practice
My fee is 125 dollars for a 60-minute session. I will meet with you for an initial 20 to 30-minute consultation at no charge to you, so that we can discuss what brings you to therapy and some ideas on how we can address that.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Some of the populations I work with include people who are infected/affected by HIV and other life-changing illnesses, actors and writers, social service providers, mental health trainees and interns who need to meet their BBS personal therapy requirements, people who have sustained a loss, and those who are working through or about to begin a life change.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
Therapy provides a safe structured place where you can talk about and explore the issues of your life. The reason therapy has long been called the talking cure is because telling another attentive non-judgmental person the story of your suffering can immediately decrease that suffering. On the flip side, to tell such a person about a triumph can enhance those good feelings. And to have a therapist, someone trained in technique and passionate about practice, join his attention, curiosity and insights to your own provides an enormous enhancement of your problem solving potential and personal growth.
My Blog Posts
- How Selective Focus Can Help You Choose or Enhance Your Mood
- Conversation About a Cat: Bereavement Work with a First Loss
- What We Mean When We Talk About Suicide
- Bracketing: 3 Simple Steps for Dealing with Distraction
- Sacred Space: Finding Meaning in Daily Life
- Therapy for Transitions: Coming to Grips with Old Age
- Dealing with Anxiety: How to Make Sushi Out of the Kraken
- A Codependency Tale: The Wife Who Refused to Bury Her Husband
- Therapy for Transitions: Moving from Youth to Midlife
- The Healing Image: Why Your Dreams Deserve Your Respect
- Meeting the Zombie: Archetypal Work with an HIV-Positive Teen
- Trust in the Process: Sitting with Not Knowing in Therapy
- Is the Opposite of What You Want Precisely What You Need?
- How We Integrate Loss: The Palpable Phenomena of Bereavement
- The Sacred Marriage: When Conflicting Values Become One
- The Voyage to the Islands: Integrating Experience in Therapy
- Rescuing the King: Living the Relationship with the Self
- Dreaming Is Believing: A Method for Analyzing Dreams
- 'Self' and Spirituality: An Opportunity to Go Beyond
- What Dreamwork Can Reveal about Recurrent Dreams
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.