Moushumi Ghose, MFT
|Professions: Coaching, , , Marriage & Family Therapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: MFT - MFC44134|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in West Hollywood, CA.
See other therapists in New York City, NY.
I specialize in sex and relationships, and work towards bridging the gap between body and mind, and have been doing so for over a decade. My work is collaborative and though my training has been in psychotherapy and sex therapy, I also work with as a consultant, mentor or coach. Psychotherapy is about mental illness, but having questions and concerns in our sexual relational lives need not be treated as an illness. Sometimes we just need guidance, an ear, some helpful suggestions to break out of old habits of behavior and to shift perspective and patterns of thinking. I provide this for you in a relaxed and non judgmental space.
I am a licensed psychotherapist. I prefer to work more as a coach. I have offices in LA and NYC, but I also offer online, remote sessions via Skype, or phone regardless of location. Many people love this kind of work, it's flexibility and ease, but it is definitely not for everyone. If you feel you need traditional psychotherapy and treatment for mental illness then my services may not be right for you.
Email or Call Moushumi Ghose, MFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00734
More Info About My Practice
Generally since I specialize in sex, I am chosen over a general psychotherapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or other helping professional, when the issues are very specifically sex related, or when sexuality seems a central part of the issue. My specialty includes non monogamy, open relationships, polyamory, kink, alternative lifestyles. I also work with sexual trauma, lack of orgasm, difficulty with erections or ejaculation. Problems with differing levels of desire in a couple, infidelity. I am licensed in California, but also work in as a consultant or coach if you live elsewhere. I work with you online or via phone which offers great flexibility and many people love, but is not for everyone. My fee is $220 per hour.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I do a lot of work with couples. When couples work together, the problems are easier to recognize, and address therefor positive results are often quicker. Couples can hold each other accountable for both positive growth and aspects as well as the negatives as well. I also love working with sexual issues, in tandem. I find that there are a lot of myths and mis-education around sexuality, as well as a lot of embarrassment in talking about it, and shame and guilt about our feelings in terms of sex and sexuality. I think this all stems from and perpetuates our inability to talk about sex. Talking openly about sex is one thing I share with my clients, in a non-judgemental, corrective emotional experiential space, where we can talk about anything where, I will be the sounding board for my clients.
My Blog Posts
- When It Comes to Caretaking and Helplessness, Enabling Is Disabling
- Addicted to Love: Drawn to the Rush of Romance
- Is Guilt Jeopardizing Your Relationships?
- Four Common Myths About Female Orgasm
- The Importance of Keeping Sex in the Conversation
- Who Is to Blame for Your Sexual Problems?
- The Elephant in the Room: Why We Need Full Disclosure in Sex Therapy
- Mindfulness Regression Sex Therapy for Individuals and Couples
- Avoiding Sex Addiction after a Breakup
- Breaking Up on Facebook
- When Acceptance Becomes Enabling
- Seven Steps for Talking Your Way to a Better Sex Life
- Breaking the Cycle of Being TOO Comfortable in Your Relationship
- Exploring Alternative Lifestyles in Your Relationship
- The Good and Bad Sides of Porn
- Premarital Counseling: Early and Often
- Kids and Sexuality: It's Time to Stop Walking on Eggshells
- Sex and The Holidays for Couples
- What Do Your Sexual Fantasies Mean?
- Dealing with Sex in Drug and Alcohol Recovery
Please note: The video above was submitted by Moushumi Ghose, MFT, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
I specialize in alternative lifestyles (LGBT), and variations in sexual expression, Sex Therapy, Relationships, Sexuality, Gender Counseling, Non Monogamy and Alternative Lifestyles
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.