|Professions: Psychotherapy, Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
Psychologist - PSY24794
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Congratulations on taking this first step to change your life and coming to this website!
For over 10 years I have been working with children, teens, adults & families on transforming their lives. I'm direct but easy going, experienced therapist with an advanced degree and training. In my work with my clients, I use a flexible approach to help them become more aware of their triggered thoughts, feelings and behaviors - in other words, the things that are causing us problems. Together we are going on a journey to a better life. Call me for a free phone consultation.
or Call Misha Gutkin, PhD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 13934
My Therapy Focus
Every therapist is different and uses different techniques to promote change. In my private practice, I use a flexible approach that integrates Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Psychodynamic approach and Psychoanalysis, as well as Family Therapy techniques. Every person is an individual and there is no one-size-fits-all approach in therapy. Together we will outline issues that have been a problem in your or your child/teen’s life and will discuss ways of addressing these issues. Together we are going on a journey to a better life.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Choosing a psychotherapist could be a very overwhelming process. Understating your options is a key for a successful match with the right therapist:
• What are the therapist’s credentials and training?
• Is the therapist licensed?
• Does he/she have experience with your problem(s)?
Therapist’s Credentials & Training
• Psychologist (PhD and PsyD) is a doctor trained in psychotherapy, assessment, and psychological testing.
It is true that many Masters level therapists are very well trained in psychotherapy, but psychologists (PhDs and PsyDs) have unique abilities to utilize psychological testing to assist us in diagnostics. Psychologists also go through a very different training than MFTs and LCSWs. And as far as coaches, you car mechanic can discover that he wants to help people with certain aspects of their lives and open a coaching office tomorrow without any additional training.
Most people do not start with an MD (psychiatrist) because medications only cover up symptoms and do not change your life. Once you start seeing a therapist, you can discuss with your counselor whether medications would be helpful in your case. Any therapist would be able to help you connect with a Psychiatrist if you choose to explore taking medications.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Multicultural Concerns
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Integration of different therapy models
- Schema Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.