|Professions: Psychotherapy, Clinical Social Work, Social Work|
I'm a licensed professional.
LCSW - 071131
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I've successfully collaborated with arts and helping professionals on a variety of issues, including: finding your voice in negotiation, getting creative projects/careers off the ground, balancing love and work, and more. I also work with issues around bereavement and loss. My training and approach combines psychodynamic, sensorimotor (mind/body) and mindfulness aspects. I have expertise in stress management (how to handle the present), trauma recovery (how to handle the past) and creative breakthroughs (how to build a future).
Most important is how we fit together as a working team. I invite you to consult with me for one or two sessions and see how we work together.
or Call Mary Wallach, MFA, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01135
More Info About My Practice
1) Please check the "Concerns & Issues" list to make sure that your issues are listed.
2) I am not on any insurance panels although you may qualify for "out-of-network" reimbursement; check with your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, we can discuss some fee adjustment.
3) I'm sometimes asked if I'm willing to see someone every other week. My experience is that for the therapy to be effective, we have to start with a minimum of weekly sessions. After at least 6-8 months, we can reevaluate.
4) Presently, I have more daytime than evening hours available.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
More than specific issues, there are specific kinds of people that I enjoy working with:
1) Creative people from all professions, who want to effectively access and share their talents, structure time and space, set boundaries with friends and family and develop self-confidence. As a creative professional with diverse career experiences, I enjoy the challenge of helping someone build a sound, sustainable creative career.
2) Introverts. As a compassionate and interactive practitioner with a sense of humor, I am able to support and encourage shy and unassertive people to take risks, assert themselves and achieve their goals at work and in relationships.
3) Helping professionals. I find that many people who help (therapists, doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc.) can be prone to self-neglect or are unable to accept help from others. I enjoy working around issues of burnout, compassion fatigue, isolation and trauma recovery with these professionals. 4) Retirees who would like to explore unrealized dreams and aspirations, as well as review life thus far.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Self-employed and freelancers, creative arts and entertainment professionals, social workers, lawyers and other helping professionals, publishing and media professionals, undergraduate and graduate students, retirees. Also, "over-analyzers," socially anxious, and people at a crossroads in their life.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Communication Problems
- Creative Blocks
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Multicultural Concerns
- Other - Not Listed Here
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Religious Issues
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Collaborative Therapy / Collaborative Language Systems
- Depth Therapy
- Dreamwork and Dream Analysis
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Object Relations
- Poetry Therapy
- Psychoanalysis / Modern Psychoanalysis
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.