Marsha Berniker, M.S.W., R.S.W.
Marsha Berniker, M.S.W., R.S.W.
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
PSYCHOTHERAPY - 324700
Fees: $175 with insurance and a reduced rate of $120 without insurance.
You may be blaming yourself, someone else, or feeling that you are weak because you are looking for help. In truth, you are struggling with emotional issues because of your early experiences. It is impossible to have good self-esteem if you were made to feel that you were not 'good enough', you were to 'blame' and/or you were a bother,etc. Anyone with your backround would experience difficulties. My approach is based on excellent training and an easygoing but effective manner. I am interested in your backround only to understand your current problem more fully. If you were given little attention in your growing up years, it is no wonder that you seek a lot of attention as an adult. If as a child you became angry and your parents punished you, is it any wonder that you have difficulty with anger. My approach is not short-term as I work from the root of the problem, not the symptoms. I have been successful in helping people change and have always enjoyed my work and the people that have allowed me into their life.
or Call Marsha Berniker, M.S.W., R.S.W. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01132
More Info About My Practice
I ACCEPT ALL INSURANCE. MY HOURS OF WORK ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 8AM-9PM. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 8AM-3PM. I CHARGE $175 IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE AND A REDUCED RATE OF $120 IF YOU ARE PAYING OUT OF POCKET. I AM EASILY ACCESSiBLE BY CAR OR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
- Clinical Supervision
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
I DO A GREAT DEAL OF MARRIAGE COUNSELING AND HAVE BEEN QUITE SUCCESSFUL. I ALWAYS SEE BOTH PARTNERS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM. I SEE A GREAT DEAL OF COUPLES WHERE THERE HAS BEEN AN AFFAIR. I WORK WITH THE COUPLE TO IDENTIFY AREAS OF THE MARRIAGE THAT ARE NOT WORKING FOR THEM AND TO BUILD A NEWER AND STRONGER MARRIAGE.
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Learning Difficulties
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Partum Depression
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Humanistic Psychology
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Psychoanalysis / Modern Psychoanalysis
- Self Psychology
- Self Relations
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.