Marni Amsellem, PhD
Marni Amsellem, PhD
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: NY Psychology|
|Secondary Credential: CT Psychology|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: Free phone consult prior to initial appointment, and other information available on my website.
See other therapists in Mamaroneck, NY.
See other therapists in Trumbull, CT.
Most people go through periods when therapy or learning new approaches to coping can be beneficial. If you are considering therapy at this time, I welcome the opportunity to help you reach your goals. My specialty is working with individuals who are facing challenges and are looking to build their coping skills and resilience. I have particular expertise in working with individuals and groups who are adjusting to medical diagnoses, such as cancer, or health-related challenges, such as chronic pain management.
My professional practice is influenced by both evidence-based findings as well as my clinical experience. I consider how your psychological functioning when you experience challenges greatly affects how you are feeling generally. By increasing your ability to successfully cope while in therapy, my goal is to help you be better able to get through the challenges in your life and to experience fewer symptoms when doing so. I aim to help you build resilience so that you are better equipped to cope with challenges in the future. I look forward to working with you and learning how I can help!
Email or Call Marni Amsellem, PhD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 31401
My Blog Posts
- Stress Management Starts with Understanding Why You’re Stressed
- Help! How Do I Deal with All This Resentment?
- Help! I Don't Know How to Handle Being an Empty-Nester
- How Can I Stop Grinding My Teeth? Is It Due to Anxiety?
- How to Set Yourself Up for New Year's Resolution Success
- How to Discuss Cancer with a Child
- How to Care for Yourself While Caring for Others
- Can’t Sleep? How to Put Insomnia to Bed
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
* I specialize in working with individuals affected by change and life transitions, or illness.
* A significant aspect of my practice includes those diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers
* I deliver CBT-I (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia)
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.