Lori Christine Young, MA, LPC
|Professions: Counseling Psychology, Other|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Professional Counselor - PC-006706
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I believe that the wisdom we need to become whole is within each one of us. We are better able to see this part of ourselves when we can identify our thoughts, feelings, and reactions and decide which ones are helping us to live more fully and which are getting in our way. As both a licensed professional counselor and a trained spiritual director, I like to work with both "psyche" and "spirit" as a way to help you better understand yourself so that you can live your life fully and more meaningfully. I am trained and able to work with those who wish to employ a contemplative approach to this work.
or Call Lori Christine Young, MA, LPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 20633
More Info About My Practice
My fee is $75/hour.
Importance of the Client-Therapist Alliance
The therapeutic relationship is an important part of any therapy. Although change can sometimes be difficult, I believe that therapy is first and foremost a non violent process. It is important to me that our work together is safe, open and curious. I prefer a warm, connective and non-judgmental relationship and strive to work together, as partners, to uncover what is happening.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Clergy and survivors of abuse.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Codependency / Dependency
- Control Issues
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.