Judy Garvey, M.S.
|Professions: Counseling Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Marriage & Family Therapist - 83807|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: My fee for a one-hour session is $110. If this amount would be a financial hardship, I offer a sliding-scale range to help make therapy more affordable.
I accept cash, check, Paypal or credit card payments.
I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to help you decide if you'd like to begin working with me.
Please contact me for more information.
See other therapists in Burlingame, CA.
I specialize in encouraging and supporting people as they embark on the challenging, yet inspirational, journey of creating their new lives. Whether you are at a crossroads in your life journey, or rebuilding after trauma, addiction or loss, I can help you let go of past difficulties, identify clear goals for the future, and feel hopeful, rather than anxious, about making important changes in your life.
Our sessions will help you:
1) identify the challenges you're facing that are keeping you from moving forward;
2) learn to practice self-care, compassion, and acceptance of yourself as a unique human being;
3) apply techniques and tools to help you identify and shift negative, self-defeating thoughts and behavior patterns that have been holding you back;
4) clarify your goals and desires so that you can move into action and attain the incredible life you deserve.
My goal is to help you feel better - increasing your feelings of confidence, balance and compassion for yourself.
Email or Call Judy Garvey, M.S. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 11452
More Info About My Practice
I believe it's important for you to select a therapist who is a 'good fit' for you. I encourage you to contact me (I offer a free, 15-minute phone consultation) so that you can tell me about your situation, ask questions and gain an understanding of how I can help with your particular issues. I look forward to hearing from you soon, so we can begin your journey of personal growth and discovery!
My Therapy Focus
My therapy focus is unique for each individual person. I use several therapeutic orientations, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing.
A few of the techniques I find very effective in helping people make changes in their lives are:
1) mindfulness practice can help you decrease anxiety and feel more centered, allowing you to respond consciously to difficult situations rather than reacting unconsciously;
2) increasing your awareness of negative thinking, and then learning to challenge the distorted thoughts;
3) identifying patterns in behaviors and thinking, in order to then change those patterns to create a more enjoyable way of life.
I find that everyone is different, and I work closely with you to set priorities so that you can be making clear progress and feel hopeful for your future. Therapy is hard work, but it's also inspiring when you begin to see the results of the changes you have made. I look forward to supporting and encouraging you as you make these positive changes in your life.
Services I Provide
- Family Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.