Dr. Judi Sprei, Ph.D,
|Professions: Counsellor, Psychologist, Psychotherapist|
I'm a licensed professional.
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I believe in sitting and really listening to the people who come to me and then actively working together to discover and correct whatever is getting in the way of you having what you want in your life. Often this involves examining in detail what is and is not currently working in your life. Together, we figure out how to change problematic patterns. I teach skills to help clients deal with emotions since many problems stem from either escalating emotions or efforts to avoid emotions. I believe in working collaboratively with my clients and I view the therapeutic relationship as an essential part of the therapy process.
My associates and I all specialize in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. You can read more about it on my website. It is an evidenced based therapy that has been shown to be especially effective in treating emotional dysregulation and issues such as borderline personality disorder, suicidality, self harm, impulsive behaviors, depression, stress, OCD and any problem related to emotions.
or Call Dr. Judi Sprei, Ph.D, at Email only
More Info About My Practice
I am an out of network provider. You can submit my bills to insurance for out of network payment. Some insurance companies will make special arrangements so that you can obtain DBT services if there are no in-network providers available.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My associates and I specialize in helping people who are having problems regulating their emotions. There are many diagnosis that fall under this category including borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management issues. No matter what the diagnosis, if the underlying issue is emotional dysregulation that is what we would work on first.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
My associates & I specialize in working with people who have issues regulating their emotions. We offer Comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), including individual DBT, skills groups, client coaching and therapists who participate in our DBT treatment team. We also do a great deal of trauma work with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, rape and other traumatic events.
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Gambling Addiction
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Relationships and Marriage
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.