John Sherk, MA, LMFT
John Sherk, MA, LMFT
|Professions: Psychotherapy, Marriage & Family Therapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - 77634|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Santa Barbara, CA.
Many people ask themselves: "Will my stress and anxiety ever stop?", "Why are my relationships so difficult?', "Will I ever feel truly happy?". Unfortunately many individuals needlessly struggle with these questions for years without relief. Change is possible. I have extensive experience helping people break free from destructive patterns and finding greater joy and satisfaction in their lives.
You can enjoy:
- Increased happiness and confidence.
- Greater closeness and intimacy in relationships
- Renewed energy and vitality
- Improved confidence and direction in life
Email or Call John Sherk, MA, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 20755
More Info About My Practice
Initial Consultation: I offer an in-person initial consultation that allows us to determine if we are good fit interpersonally, to assess your goals and hopes for entering counselling, and for me to give you an honest assessment of whether or not I think I may be of help. This meeting commonly lasts 20 minutes and is free of charge.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
While I work with a wide range of issues, my areas of specialization include:
- Relationship difficulties with family, friends and others
- Anxiety: both acute and generalized
- Managing major life transitions and making 'big' decisions
- Depressed, troubled or underachieving adolescents
- Understanding and learning from dreams
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
When we seek genuine understanding of our suffering we engage the powerful healing forces that live within each of us.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.