Jennifer L. Erickson, MA LPC NCC DCC
|Professions: Counseling Psychology, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC - PC005899|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in Berwyn, PA.
Belief in basic sanity drives my view of people and therapy. At the heart of the great suffering we experience in mind, body, and relationships, there is indestructible goodness -- let's call it possibility -- to be found and strengthened.
Our work together will involve a fresh look at your stressors and struggles, especially any habits of thought/behavior that bring you down. Through various awareness and insight practices -- including basic meditation instruction -- those habits can relax, pain and suffering can be met and addressed, confidence and perspective grow, and wisdom has the space to emerge.
In addition to 30, 60, or 90 minute office visits, in-home and outdoor walking sessions can be arranged. As a Distance Credentialed Counselor, I can also offer secure video, text, and email sessions. Scheduling of sessions is most flexible weekdays and weekends, with some evening openings. Call for a free phone consultation.
Email or Call Jennifer L. Erickson, MA LPC NCC DCC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 24479
My Role as a Therapist
When I've asked people how/why our work together has been helpful, two answers have stood out: "You weren't afraid of me, didn't judge me" and "You had confidence in me, didn't quit."
My intention as a psychotherapist is to point you to your inherent good sense and to help you recognize the workability of any and every situation you encounter -- throughout the weeks or months we work together, and for the rest of your life when our work is done.
The success of that work depends ultimately on your fearlessness and confidence, but in the beginning may depend upon mine. For a while, you may not trust yourself or me. For a while, I may have more confidence in you than you do. That's perfectly ok, normal in fact. Please be assured, fearlessness and confidence will soon enough be recognized as already and forever yours.
The Duration and Frequency of Therapy
Psychotherapy is best viewed as a catalyst for the discovery of your wisdom, and a temporary container for its development. What's the duration and frequency of therapy? You'll tell me. Here are a few sample scenarios:
(1) Sometimes people with confidence hit a rough spot that has them questioning their purpose and beliefs. They may need help integrating a loss or venturing a new direction. Three or four 90-minute sessions, and they're ready to terminate our work together.
(2) Some people with chronic pervasive suffering seek therapy with high motivation. They arrive open and curious. They soak up the goodness of 60-minute sessions and move quickly to every other week or monthly sessions, then 30-minute check-ins twice a year.
(3) Other people experience a nagging low-level irritability, or, at the other extreme, devastating mood swings. They may benefit from shorter or longer sessions once or twice a week, sometimes for years.
I can help you decide when you're ready to terminate therapy. While there is never need to terminate therapeutic connections that continue to be beneficial, there is likewise no need to continue therapy beyond its usefulness.
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.