Jenise Harmon, LISW-S
Jenise Harmon, LISW-S
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist, Counselor|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Social Work - S31926|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Columbus, OH.
Are you hurting? Feeling overwhelmed and lost, hopeless? Therapy CAN help.
Therapy is appropriate for people struggling with life issues such as stress, anxiety, marriage trouble, work trouble, and family stress. Therapy helps people who have serious depression, who self-harm, who are bipolar, and who are going through a crisis or have a childhood history of abuse.
You may just feel horrible and want to understand why, want to make things BETTER.
If you are considering therapy, it means that there is something in your life that is not working. A good therapist can work with you to find out what you need, and help you achieve it. A therapist is there to help support, encourage, teach, and journey with you.
Email or Call Jenise Harmon, LISW-S at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09839
More Info About My Practice
When you're hurting and stressed, my office provides a safe, comfortable place to heal. You won't be in a crowded waiting area where your privacy isn't ensured. From the moment you call our office, to when you step in to our comfortable, calming waiting area, to when you meet with your highly trained therapist, you will know that we are different.
Because of our dedication to privacy, therapeutic care, and putting you first, we do not work directly with insurance companies. Your records are not given to your insurance company. You and your therapist will decide together how often to meet and for how long, not your insurance company. Private pay means more control and higher quality service.
Our fees are $100 per session for individuals, and $120 per session for couples or families.
My Role as a Therapist
I view my role as a therapist as a guide to work with you on your healing journey. I know about how the mind works, about recovery from trauma and how to improve relationships. You know about your skills, your strengths and weaknesses, and your feelings and intuition. Together we will form a team working closely for the benefit of YOU.
Importance of the Client-Therapist Alliance
Studies have shown repeatedly that the main predictor of a successful outcome in therapy is the strength of the connection between therapist and client. When I work with someone, the relationship we have is a critical. Therapy is hard. Strong feelings come up, and you need to know that you are safe to express them with me, and know I won't abandon you. My job is to create a space where you feel free to be who you are, and allow me to walk with you on your path to healing. It is important for you to trust me and have confidence in our relationship, because that is where healing can begin.
My Blog Posts
- More Than a Pet: The Role of Working Dogs in Mental Health
- 10 Good Reasons to Seek Relationship Counseling
- Stronger Than You Think: Finding Your Hidden Strength Within
- What Help Looks Like: 3 Steps to Compassionate Intervention
- Change and Growth: Learning to Thrive, Not Just Survive
- 5 Steps to Getting the Support You Need and Deserve
- 5 Good Reasons to Chart Your Mood Changes
- When a Pet Dies: How to Help Your Child through Grief
- The Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions About Depression
- With Loving Eyes: Fostering Your Child’s Positive Body Image
- Parenting While Depressed: 10 Things to Remember
- 5 Tips for Helping a Depressed Friend or Loved One
- With Depression, the Wounds You Can't See Cut the Deepest
- What an Ugly Bird Taught Me about Love, Hope, and Life
Please note: The video above was submitted by Jenise Harmon, LISW-S, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Survivors of abuse. parenting stress, infertility, children
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.