I'm a licensed professional.
Psychology - PS005538L
I am an in-network provider for:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program
- HighMark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- UPMC Health Plan, Inc.
I use an individualized approach for each individual that I see. I work with the client to determine their goals, and when appropriate, to gain an understanding of how blocks and self-defeating behaviors began. In my therapy practice I give active feedback, and collaborate with clients to develop tools and skills that they can continue to use after therapy has ended. I use bibliotherapy, homework assignments so that clients can continue their work outside of the session.
Also, I work in a group practice with other mental health professionals. Those individuals provide some services that I do not, such as couple's therapy, play therapy, and family therapy.
or Call Jean McClung, PhD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 15722
More Info About My Practice
I am a provider for Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield, UPMC Health Plan (excluding UPMC for You), out of state Blue Cross Blue Shield and Anthem.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
During my career as a psychologist I have had the worked in a wide range of settings, including community mental health,emergency mental health, a specialty clinic for teenagers and an executive assessment organization. This range of experience has enabled me to bring a broad perspective to my therapy practice. I have done a great deal of short and long term therapy work with individuals experiencing anxiety, depression and relationship problems.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Depression and anxiety. Life transition. Relationship issues. Social Anxiety.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Post Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.