Janet Wichmann LCPC
Janet Wichmann LCPC
|Professions: Mental Health Counseling|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - 180.004237|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: $100 - $130/hour
See other therapists in Orland Park, IL.
As a therapist, I invite you to talk about what matters to you and what you want to address in your life. Therapy is a powerful way to make changes, improve your self awareness and self confidence, improve your own communication style and make a commitment to invest in your self and your life. You may want to attend briefly or you may find that therapy is a resource you want to use in an on-going way. It continues to grow as an opportunity for many people to sit down and talk about their lives and create new ways to move forward.
Email or Call Janet Wichmann LCPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 33231
My Guiding Ethical Principles
Every person is a complete individual to be respected fully.
Therapy is an experience of a mutually respectful relationship where both the person and the therapist talk and work together for the well being of the person in therapy. The therapist is no more special or worthy than anyone else. She companions the person in therapy thru an ongoing process of self understanding and choices for health. Additionally, people are not "crazy"; most are suffering and this is what brings them in for counseling. When one is allowed to talk freely and confidentially, a sense of relief follows.
The Duration and Frequency of Therapy
Many people often wonder "how long with therapy last? Do I have to go forever?" I suggest three options for considering the length of therapy:
1) Brief or Crisis Therapy - lasts 4 to 6 sessions and deals with a very recent critical situation or emergency.
2) Problem-Focused Therapy - 10 to 12 sessions, focusing on one specific problem or issue.
3) Long Term Therapy - 12 sessions and beyond - typically utilized by complex issues or an individual who finds ongoing therapy beneficial to their life; choosing to continue beyond 12 weeks.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.