|Professions: Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - LW00004189
Fees: I am also an out-of-network provider for a number of insurance plans; call your insurance to see if my services are covered.
20-minute free "meet and greet" appointment available.
$120/hr for initial assessment; $95/hr for individual therapy.
Very limited low-fee availability for catastrophic trauma victims with no financial resources....call or email for information.
Free Initial Consultation
When people are taken to their knees, it is my privilege to provide thoughtful, intelligent guidance for the journey forward. Whether you or your family have experienced a car accident, violent crime, the traumatic loss of a loved one, suffered discrimination, or refugee experience, I have over 30 years of experience as a therapist and human being to walk with you through to a better day. It is my lifework to bring my best self to the table in service of healing, and I count on mentors, continuing education and self-reflection to keep growing as a provider.
I also have many years of experience as a general therapist, and welcome clients who are motivated to improve the quality of their lives.
or Call Janet Brodsky, LICSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 27720
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Many of my clients experience post-traumatic stress and the despair that can accompany major trauma. I utilize good general psychotherapy, combined with techniques to reduce nightmares, flashbacks, and avoidance of things you used to enjoy doing. To re-join life fully, and to be one's "full true self" is a remarkable accomplishment after profound hardship....You have that resilience inside you, and I am here to help you re-find it.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
Survivors of catastrophic trauma (attempted homicide, witness to fatalities, torture, sexual assault, house fires, severe child abuse, family members of suicide, etc)
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Communication Problems
- Family of Origin Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Multicultural Concerns
- Polyamory / Nonmonogamous Relationships
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Women's Issues
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Dreamwork and Dream Analysis
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Integration of different therapy models
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.