Janet E. Akyol, LMFT, CSAT
|Professions: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Marriage & Family Therapy - MFC51250|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: $135.00 per 50 minute session.
See other therapists in San Jose, CA.
I provide a non-judgmental, caring environment, in which you can get the support and tools you need to move through your current struggle and into the solution. Explore your options, gain new insight and feel more confident about yourself and the choices you make. Sometimes life knocks us off balance and can leave us feeling anxious, depressed, overwhelmed, stuck, or even self-medicating with substances/behaviors. Our usual coping mechanisms may fail, our relationships may suffer, and we may feel powerless to change things; we may even lose hope. However, I encourage you to reach out. There is hope. There is help. There are options. ONLINE SCHEDULING AVAILABLE VIA MY WEBSITE.
Email or Call Janet E. Akyol, LMFT, CSAT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01731
More Info About My Practice
My practice is conveniently located close to Westgate mall near the intersections of Saratoga, Hamilton and Campbell Ave. The office is located on the ground floor for easy access for those with mobility concerns.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
In addition to my general practice, I also specialize in the following areas:
(1) Couples therapy. I thoroughly enjoy working with couples, helping partners move from a place of hurt and pain, to a closer, more satisfying relationship. I also help couples who choose to uncouple, and want to do it with as much grace and respect as possible. For those who want to stay together, couples therapy goes far beyond teaching couples how to communicate, it's about creating a newer, deeper and more satisfying connection. The couple is the backbone of the family, and when the partnership is threatened in any way, it can often throw one's individual life and family life into disarray. I am also skilled working with high conflict couples and couples afflicted with addictions.
(2) I also specialize in sexual addiction, as well as love and relationship additions. These addictions hurt the person acting out and the lives of every family member involved: the partner, the children and the family as a whole. Treatment is optimal when undertaken by clinicians that have acquired the specialized training and skills necessary to treat these complex addictions. Having received specialized training with Dr. Patrick Carnes, I am qualified to assess and treat these issues. I am very experienced working with addicts, partners of addicts, the couple, children or adult children, and the addicted family unit.
(3) I trained and am experienced working with trauma. I use EMDR and other m
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Couples, Infidelity, Couples in Recovery, Sexual Addiction, Partners of Sex Addicts, Love or Relationship Addictions, Codependency, Addictions
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.