|Professions: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Clinical Social Work|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker - 073745-1
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I am a psychoanalyst, graduate of the Training and Research Institute of Self Psychology, an EMDR practitioner, and a sandplay therapist trained through the Sandplay Therapists of America, which has a Jungian foundation.
My experience with children and families as a consultant for high schools, elementary schools, preschools and clinics has shaped my ability to work intuitively and spontaneously in a wide variety of circumstances. My experience as a professional artist and my meditation practice also greatly inform my work.
My partner, William Murray, PhD, and I have formed Keene Murray Therapy and have an office across from Prospect Park in Brooklyn. We also work long distance on the phone and Skype. Besides our individual work, we offer workshops, CDs and dual-therapist couples therapy.
Our work at Keene Murray Therapy is:
shaped both by an immersion in a variety of psychological approaches and an extensive background in creative arts.
We recognize that our clients are the only ones who can truly tell their story.
Our function is to help clients identify and achieve their goals.
We believe that most problems are simply former solutions that no longer work.
We help clients discover more adaptive means to meet life's challenges.
We value the interpersonal quality of a therapeutic relationship that acknowledges the effects and influences that both client and therapist contribute.
Experience has shown us that significant change has its roots in the multi-layered interconnectedness of a person's inner life. We accompany clients as they explore and learn to navigate this strange and exciting territory.
or Call Gretta Keene, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 04367
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Residential Treatment or Hospitilization
- Home-Based Therapy
Children from age two through adolescence either individually or with their families; survivors of trauma, violence or physical and/or verbal abuse; writers, visual artists, and/or performers wanting to access and utilize their creativity; individuals experiencing a time of crisis and change.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Creative Blocks
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Fertility Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Post Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Suspiciousness / Paranoia
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Creative Art Therapy
- Drama Therapy
- Dreamwork and Dream Analysis
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Family Systems Therapy
- Integration of different therapy models
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Parent Work
- Play Therapy
- Poetry Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sand Tray / Sand Play Therapy
- Self Psychology
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.