Genesee Herzberg, PsyD
Genesee Herzberg, PsyD
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Psychologist - PSY 26407|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
See other therapists in Berkeley, CA.
See other therapists in Oakland, CA.
In over 10 years of experience in the field, I've come to see that we each have a deep inner wisdom. This part of us knows how to heal and what is best for us. However, it is often clouded over by many layers of fear, confusion, trauma, and conditioning. Within our symptoms lie meaningful messages, yet these are often difficult to decipher on our own. My relational, somatic, and mindfulness-based approach is fine-tuned to create a safe and generative environment in which you can relax into your experience, connect to a deeper source of knowing, and begin to dismantle the layers.
These "layers" reside in our body, emotions, and psyche - three often-neglected aspects of our being. I will help you to listen deeply, tune into the subtleties of your experience, and find the meaning within it. As we touch upon deeper and deeper layers, the life that has been trapped within you begins to express itself, and greater creativity, desire, and direction emerge.
Email or Call Genesee Herzberg, PsyD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 23184
More Info About My Practice
Location: My office is located on College Avenue, in the Elmwood district of Berkeley. There is plenty of street parking and it is easily accessible by public transportation - half a block from the 51B bus stop and a 25-minute walk from the Rockridge & Ashby BART stations.
Fee: We will determine your fee during our initial consultation session. I do my best to meet your ability to pay, given your income and financial circumstances.
Insurance: Though I am not on insurance panels, your insurance may cover some percentage of the cost of therapy. The best way to find out is to call your insurance company and ask if they cover "out-of-network providers" for mental health, and if so, how much they reimburse.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
- Complex trauma: A lot of people who struggle with depression, anxiety, and addiction don't realize that their suffering is the result of trauma. Many aren't aware that such trauma occurred, while others know they had a hard time growing up, but don't realize the impact these experiences had on them. As adults, they find themselves consistently struggling in intimate relationships, overwhelmed by their emotions, and excruciatingly self-critical (and judgmental of others). They have an insatiable need for external validation, and are often blocked creatively and disconnected from their passion and desire. They have a conflicted relationship with their bodies, experience inexplicable physical symptoms, or struggle with body image issues.
- Integrating major experiences: Major life experiences, whether transcendent or traumatic, can be difficult to integrate. They do not fit neatly into life as we know it. Something fundamental has changed, and finding our bearings again can be challenging. Often these experiences leave us feeling at odds with our environment, our relationships, and our previous identity. We don't know who we are anymore, and the world no longer makes sense. Experiences like this might include the loss of a loved one, trauma, break-ups, near-death experiences, psychedelic experiences and spiritual emergence/emergencies
- Adult children of alcoholics/addicts
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Home-Based Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Survivors of childhood trauma, adult children of alcoholics and addicts, young children (0-5) and their parents
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.