Gail Post, PhD
Gail Post, PhD
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychologist, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Psychologist - PS005679-L|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Jenkintown, PA.
Therapy is a collaborative relationship that allows therapist and client to explore current problems, along with the past behavior patterns that may have contributed to them. Through exploration of feelings, thoughts, behaviors or family interactions, individuals can develop tools for relieving distress or changing unhealthy patterns. I welcome the opportunity to collaborate with individuals, couples or families in their pursuit of greater self-awareness, self-esteem and empowerment.
Email or Call Gail Post, PhD at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00650
More Info About My Practice
I have had the privilege of working with individuals, couples, and families for over 25 years. My experience includes psychotherapy and evaluation in inpatient, outpatient, medical, and college counseling settings; clinical supervision of other therapists; and collaborative consultation with health care professionals. My goal is to assist others in their pursuit of greater contentment, self-acceptance, and balance.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I have worked in the field of eating disorders and obesity treatment for over 25 years. This has included inpatient, medical and outpatient settings, addressing problems such as anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating, and morbid obesity. I approach therapy as part of a treatment team, and incorporate feedback from other professionals, such as physicians and nutritionists.
My Blog Posts
- Eating Issues, Aging, and Women
- Self-Acceptance at Any Size
- Women and Posttraumatic Stress
- Women and Autoimmune Disease
- When Girls Are Bullies
- Getting Serious About Women’s Mental Health
- Sexual Assault: How to Start Recovery
- Repercussions of Alcohol Dependence in Women
- Banishing Holiday Stress
- Women and Math: Finding the Right Equation for Success
- Tend and Befriend Behavior in Women
- Women and Chronic Pain: Getting the Help You Need
- 'It's Not What I Expected:' The Downward Spiral of Postpartum Depression
- Tanning Addiction: The Dark Side of that Golden Glow
- When Women are the Financial Breadwinners
- Mirror, Mirror: Three Ways to be the Fairest of All...To Yourself
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Women's issues, eating disorders, obesity, life transitions, gifted adolescents and adults
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.