Erika Myers, MS, MEd, LPC, NCC
Erika Myers, MS, MEd, LPC, NCC
|Professions: Life Coach, Counselor, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC - 7209|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Bend, OR.
Each of us gets stuck sometimes, and we don't always know how to make the changes we want to make in our lives. Choosing to come to counseling can be a powerful first step.
People often come to see me because they are unsatisfied with something in their lives, are in pain, or want to make a change and just don't know where to begin. For some, recurring anxiety or depression is interfering with work, relationships, or general well-being. Others are struggling with balancing personal, professional, and family needs. Working together, we can figure out what's not working for you, remove the obstacles that are blocking you, and help you create the life that you want to have.
My practice is grounded in a person-centered approach and cognitive behavioral theory, and my primary focus is in helping you shift from a place of judgment to a place of self-acceptance. One of the ways we do this is by looking at the way "should" shows up in your life and replacing those "should" messages with "I want" messages. My goal is to empower you to make the choices you want to make, to lead the life you want to live, and to be the person you want to be.
Since therapy is not "one-size fits all," the work we do will depend very much on what you need and what works for you. The most important part of our work will involve creating a safe space that is free from judgment, one in which you are supported, respected, empowered, and accepted as you are, for it is only when you feel safe to share your truth that real change can happen.
Email or Call Erika Myers, MS, MEd, LPC, NCC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09682
More Info About My Practice
I accept self-pay clients. For other insurance carriers, I am an out of network provider, but I can provide a receipt for sessions that you may file on your own for reimbursement (usually up to 60% of session costs).
I do have a sliding scale available for clients who are earnest in seeking support but may have limited funds.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I enjoy working with families in transition. I know that divorce and family restructuring can be painful; however, I also know that the transitions can be opportunities for individual and family growth. I am committed to helping families navigate those challenging transitions while maintaining healthy communication and mutual respect. I am deeply committed to helping families work through these changes in ways that honor the relationships of the past as they redefine their future relationships.
For parents who are separating or divorcing, I focus on ways to shift from being life partners to becoming effective parenting partners. I believe strongly that when parents work collaboratively, they raise healthy, well-adjusted kids.
My Role as a Therapist
So many people come to therapy because they are in pain. You may not even know what is not working for you, or you might know but don't know how to fix it. My role is to create a safe space to explore these issues and to help you figure out what changes you want to make in your life and how to make them. I can help you identify and clarify goals, develop the skills you need to accomplish those goals, and provide support and honest feedback throughout the process.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
Give it a shot! Find a therapist you think you might connect with and set up a couple of sessions. Let them know you aren't sure about this process, and work together to figure out what you need to know before you move forward. Think about what's holding you back. What are you afraid might happen if you start therapy? Knowing what your fears and concerns are, and talking them through, may help you get more comfortable with the process. Also,remember that YOU are in charge. You decide what to share and when to share it. You can leave anytime you choose. There is little to lose by trying it out, and so much that you might gain.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Finding the right fit is one of the most important things you can do to enhance your therapy experience. You need to find someone who you feel you can talk to openly and honestly about your concerns. It's ok to talk to a few therapists before making your decision. Many therapists offer a free intial consultation (usually 10-15 minutes by phone or even in person) to answer your questions and give you a feel for the process.
My Blog Posts
- Help! My Friend Expects Me to Solve All His Problems
- My Sister Is Sabotaging My Relationship with My Daughter
- How Do I Take Care of Myself While Caring for a Parent?
- Will a Therapist Tell My Parents About Self-Harm?
- Help! I'm Worried About My Child's Aggressive Play
- Do I Need to Give My Kids an Allowance?
- Help! I Think My Husband Is Gay
- Am I Nuts for Wanting Liposuction?
- Is It Selfish to Bring a Child into an Unstable World?
- Why Do I Hate Myself?
- Help! I'm Single for Fear of Putting My Kid Through Breakup
- Help! My Sister Lies, Steals, and Takes Advantage of Our Mom
- Am I Being Emotionally Abused by My Husband?
- Why Can't I Bond with My Kids After My Husband Died?
- My Husband Left Me! Let Him Go or Fight for Our Marriage?
- Help! I Resent My Mother for Shortchanging Me in Her Will
- How Can We Convince My Sister to Dump Her Loser Boyfriend?
- Help! I'm Worried My Ex Is Turning Our Kids Against Me
- Help! I Feel Like I Don't Deserve My Husband and He'll Leave
- A Child Smeared Poop in Our Home; Should I Tell Her Parents?
- Help! How Do I Get My Husband to Help More Around the House?
- Help! My Mother-in-Law Is Taking My Husband Away from Me
- Help! A Decade Later, I Just Found Out My Husband Has 2 Kids
- She's Everything I Want in a Woman—Except She's Religious
- Help! My Husband Won't Let Me Discipline His Children
- Help! I Believe My Father-in-Law Is Abusing My Daughter
- I Caught My Mom Cheating and She Begged Me to Keep It Secret
- I Badly Want to Be a Mom, but Fear I'll Have to Go It Alone
- How Do I Tell My Girlfriend That Her Teenage Daughter Is an Issue?
- My 7-Year-Old Son Likes Dolls, Dresses, and Make-Up. Help!
- Should I Give My Emotionally Abusive Husband Another Chance?
- Am I Having Flashbacks of Childhood Sexual Abuse?
- Help! I'm in Love with My Best Friend's Ex!
- Help! My Child Envies Other Kids and Refuses to Share
- How Do I Shake the Anger I Feel after My Husband's Affair?
- How Can I Get My Husband to Do More Household Chores?
- I Don't Love My Husband Anymore. Is It Time for a Divorce?
- Help! My Husband's Teenage Daughter Says She Hates My Young Sons
- My Wife Is Pregnant. What If It Isn't My Child?
- With Few Shared Values, I Feel Out of Place in My Family of Origin
- My Parents Are Divorcing. How Do I Choose?
- My ADHD Child Hates Therapy. How Do I Get Him to Go?
- I've Lost My Wife's Trust, but She's Not Interested in Therapy
- I'm Fearful Around Some of My Stepmom's Family. What to Do?
- Why Can't I Forgive My Mother for Abandoning Her Family?
- Marriage Seems Scary and Risky. What If It's Not for Me?
- Breaking the Cycle of Self-Judgment
- Is It So Wrong That I Don't Care About My Husband's Affair?
- Finding the Meaning Behind What Your Partner Is Saying
- I've Developed Feelings for Our Couples Therapist. Should I See Him Alone?
- How 'Should' Messages Set the Stage for Anxiety
- At 43, I Feel Like I'm Running Out of Time to Have a Child
- The 'Terribles': Surviving the Twos and the Teens
- Meet the GoodTherapy.org Topic Experts: Erika Myers
- Angry, Controlling Fiancé Wants Me to Move In with His Parents
- What's Up with My Parents Giving My Sisters Special Treatment?
- My Parents Stayed Together Because of Me. Now I Feel Guilty!
- Finding the Partner/Parent Balance
- Parenting and the Art of Benign Neglect
- As the New Year Unfolds, Accentuate the Positive
- Four Tips for Keeping the Holidays Happy
- Why Good Enough Parenting Is Great for Our Kids
- Parenting Partners Must Endure Beyond Divorce
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Adolescents, New and Expectant Parents, "Imperfect Perfectionists" in need of relief and self-compassion
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.