Dwight Norwood, PhD, LICSW
Dwight Norwood, PhD, LICSW
|Professions: Counselor, Mental Health Counselor, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LICSW - 089.0115548|
|Secondary Credential: LCSW - 58.008658|
Billing and Insurance
Fees: My fee is $150/session (about the cost of your car mechanic). For some insurance coverage I am an out-of-network provider; check with your insurance company to determine your degree of coverage. I take all major credit cards. I will treat veterans using ART at NO COST for service-related trauma. I have a limited number of sliding-scale sessions available for clients who have limited financial means.
See other therapists in Burlington, VT.
See other therapists in Middletown, CT.
I can usually heal PTSD resulting from a single incident in only one session! I am certified by the International Society for Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) as a Master Therapist. This is an evidence-based brief intervention which is particularly effective dealing with trauma and its aftermath. Scientific studies have shown this method to produce significant results in only 3-5 sessions in both civilian and military groups. It has also been shown to be effective dealing with depression, and is a promising therapy for dealing with phobias, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder and substance abuse.
In addition to ART I also offer body-based psychodynamic therapy as taught at the Hartford Family Institute. I have been a student there for eight years. Since healing only happens when we feel safe, I am here to support and guide you as we explore your issues together.
New: I was recently interviewed on Rutland public television by Leni Preston for her "PTSD Today" show.
Please visit my website to learn more.
Email or Call Dwight Norwood, PhD, LICSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 29703
More Info About My Practice
Director Vermont PTSD Treatment Center
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This can be caused by a single incident (motor vehicle accident, physical or sexual assault, emotional abuse, military event) or a continuous stressor over time such as a hostile work environment, childhood family discord, or the stress of being a caregiver over a long period of time.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
If you're interested in treatment for PTSD you should know this about ART:
1. The federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recognizes this as an evidence-based practice.
2. It doesn't require much talking. Many people who have trouble talking about their feelings can benefit from this effective treatment method without getting into details. This is because ART is procedural rather than content-oriented. Results are achieved by following a specific sequence of steps in the treatment.
3. If it's going to work for you, we will know in the very first treatment session. No commitment to months of therapy without being sure that it will work!
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.