David Cerfolio LCSW, CAADAC II
|Professions: Clinical Social Work|
I'm a licensed professional.
LCSW - 65039
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I am a licensed clinical social worker and certified substance abuse counselor who has worked in the field for the past 15 years. My social work experience has enabled me to treat clients from a variety of social and economic backgrounds with mental health challenges. I have sharpened my skills in clinical settings that include residential substance abuse programs, family service agencies, crisis clinics, and legal justice settings. My hope is to use my experiences and skills to help individuals struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD or substance abuse issues find new coping skills to improve the quality of their lives. My approach is a combination of both behavioral and psychodynamic techniques. I combine elements of short-term behavioral therapies (DBT and CBT) to address problematic behaviors. The first goal is to help the client identify a specific set of coping skills to empower them to make desired changes. Once a new behavior pattern is learned and internalized, we turn our attention to finding an explanation for why old behavior patterns developed and how they served the individual. I believe behavioral changes must be coupled with deeper psychodynamic understanding for an individual to achieve lasting change.
or Call David Cerfolio LCSW, CAADAC II at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 25949
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I am skilled at helping with anxiety, mood disorders, trauma, substance abuse and other compulsive behaviors.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Codependency / Dependency
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Dual Diagnosis
- Family Problems
- Gambling Addiction
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- HIV / AIDS
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.