Daniel Brezenoff, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
|Professions: Clinical Social Work, Social Work|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: lcsw - lcs 23543|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Long Beach, CA.
When people ask me how therapy works in my practice, I say: We basically have a conversation.
I listen a lot in the beginning, maybe asking a few questions, getting to know who you are and what is happening in your life. I will allow you to talk and "vent" as much you need, or help identify areas for discussion if you hit a "block". I will note any main areas of importance to you that come up, and after a while we will agree on what challenges you are facing.
As that process unfolds, we will start to talk about things you might do differently to feel better: different ways of thinking, new activities, communications tools, methods for developing a deeper understanding of yourself. I will also continue to provide a safe space for you to talk about anything on your mind.
I will continue to share information, offer honest feedback, challenge assumptions and patters, and support and encourage your strengths and needs. Identifying your beliefs, values and authentic goals is an important part of our work.
As a social worker, I can also help identify resources in the community and assist you in connecting with those resources if that's something that seems helpful. I also find that humor, art, and meditation are a frequent part of this experience.
Everything I do is very straightforward and transparent. My practice is relaxed and relatively informal, open to all, nonjudgemental, and focused on your goals, needs and feelings.
I am happy to talk on the phone for an initial consultation.
Email or Call Daniel Brezenoff, Licensed Clinical Social Worker at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00213
What I Usually Need to Know to Help
My Blog Posts
- Hyperactivity and Concentration: A New Understanding of ADHD
- Reducing the Stigma of Mental Illness
- Psychologist Criticizes 'The National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality' for Distorting Research Findings
- Meditation and the Brain - Research Report
- Happy People Watch Less TV - Research Report
- Research Report: Treatment for Children with Anxiety
- Research Report: Preschool Aged Children and OCD
- Therapy in Outer Space... Literally
- Research Report: Depression and Premature Birth
- Gender Differences Reflected in Levels of Verbal Articulation
- Economic Downturn Increases Demand for Psychological Services
- Research Report: Gender Differences in Antidepressant Treatment
- Mental Health Services Needed In Response to Hurricane Gustav
- Good News for Old School Behaviorists
- 2008 Presidential Candidates Address Mental Health Care Issues
- Psychologists Aid Interrogators in the United States' “War on Terror”
- Psychiatry Without Psychotherapy
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Adolescents and young adults, married or partnered couples
Treating anxiety without medication
Adjusting to a new City, school or job
Medical marijuana users
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.