Ce Eshelman, LMFT
Ce Eshelman, LMFT
|Professions: Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychotherapist|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Marriange and Family Therapy - MFC27146|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Sacramento, CA.
I use Attachment Theory to facilitate a moment by moment unfolding of emotional patterns that interfere with true trust and intimacy in relationships. It is my belief that people are impacted by their level of engagement and attachment to significant people with whom they share their lives.
I specialize in treating families with children diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder, Complex Developmental Trauma, and attachment/abuse recovery challenges. Using trust-based methods and specific strategies for intervening in dysregulated family dynamics, I work to strengthen attachments that support the development of reciprocal, loving, parent/child relationships. While love is not enough; it is the foundation.
Email or Call Ce Eshelman, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00260
More Info About My Practice
I am pleased to work with a team of attachment therapists who support the individuals, couples and families who walk through our doors looking for a safe place with safe people to trust with their most sacred inner lives.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
As a parent of two attachment challenged children and a psychotherapist, it seems I was destined to focus my life's professional work on supporting the healing of other attachment challenged children and the families who support and love them. My own parenting experience uniquely informs my understanding of the hurt, suffering, and frustration of raising children with complex attachment trauma. Because of my own home life, I was driven to learn from the best on how these challenges impact brain development and family dynamics. It only seemed right to share the experience, knowledge, and wisdom I have learned along the way with other families struggling with the same challenges.
For more information about me, you can check out my book: Drowning With My Hair On Fire Insanity Relief For Adoptive Parents by Ce Eshelman, LMFT on Amazon.com.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Choosing a therapist can seem like a daunting task. What license should I be looking for? How do I know what theory is the best for treating what I have? What do I have anyway? How can I tell if a therapist is "good" or not?
1. Do some research. The GoodTherapy.com site is an excellent web resource to credibly research many of the questions you have regarding licensure, theory, and treatment strategies.
2. Choose a few qualified clinicians that meet criteria you researched in your area and make interview calls to each one. Create a few questions to ask in advance, so you don't get side tracked.
Are you taking new clients?
What is your hourly fee and appointment availability?
Tell me about your therapeutic approach to treating (fill in the blank with your issue, concern, or problem).
What in your professional background specifically qualifies you to treat (fill in the blank again)?
3. Following each interview, check your gut. Did you feel you had the therapist's total attention? Did the therapist take enough time to ask about and listen to your needs? Did the therapist have experience and training in your need area to satisfy you with treatment experience and competence?
4. Make a preference list, then schedule an appointment with number one on the list. Go to the appointment with the intention of connecting and finding a personal fit. If you don't experience a connection, go to #2, and so on.
Best wishes on your journey.
Services I Provide
- Family Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Adolescents, Parents, Adoptive Parents, Parents of Attachment Challenged Children, Trauma, Children and Adolescents diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder, Individuals, Couples, Families, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and those questioning
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.