Anna Satenstein-MA, LMFT, Certified Relational Life Therapist
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy, Coaching|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - LF00000821|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Kirkland, WA.
Good therapy and learning transform insight into action. Learn how to stress less, relate well and live mindfully. Discover a new perspective and effective tools to cultivate physical, emotional, mental, relational and spiritual well-being.
Each of us is gifted with innate self-worth and a healing center. Sometimes life's ordinary and extraordinary stresses throw us off base. Learn how to identify where home base is and how to get there. Explore a variety of ways to draw support from within and explore other useful resources as well. Discover a reservoir of willingness and resilience to help you move toward center, again and again, when you inevitably wander from home base.
My approach to therapy is art and science. Terry Real's "Relational Life Therapy" and Dan Siegel's "Interpersonal Neurobiology" integrate both. Tools and winning strategies help cultivate mind-body awareness, elicit the relaxation response, practice relational well-being and live mindfully between sessions. In session, the therapeutic relationship provides a safe, respectful and honest healing context for growth. Compassion, curiosity and a healthy dose of humor empower and promote personal meaning, authenticity and compassion.
I've been practicing and teaching meditation, energy work and mindful living for 30 plus years. They are the foundation of my personal and professional life. I earned an MA in Clinical Psychology and another MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology, from John F. Kennedy University in California. I have a California Early Childhood Lifetime Learning Certificate. Advanced training in couple, family, children, adolescent and group therapy provide depth and breadth in therapy and to my educational offerings.
How do some of my other professional activities and interests enrich and empower my therapy practice?
* Learning is my passion. "Relational Life Therapy" and Mindful Awareness are the focus of my learning, professional and personal practice.
* My calm, compassionate and insightful guidance partner with commitment, integrity and genuine caring in my work and in my life.
* I've had the unique opportunity and experience to be Evergreen Hospital's "Health Education Coordinator for Integrative Medicine".
* I champion complementary and integrative medicine education and awareness, in and out of the hospital setting . . . at every opportunity!
* I have written articles for the Evergreen "Monitor" and "Horizon" magazines including "A User-Friendly Guide to Integrative Medicine", "Meditation: Companion On The Healing Journey" and others.
* In 2011, my article "Communication Is Good Medicine" was published on the "Northwest Parkinson's Foundation" website.
* Evergreen Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Center invited me to design and teach an introductory unit on "Healthy Heart Meditation" as part of the Cardiac Enhancement Curriculum. I taught this unit once every 10 weeks, for many years
* My experience and graduate training in early childhood education is a big plus in my work with families, children and adolescents.
* I enjoyed being "The Health Lady" when I taught Evergreen Hospital's "HealthWorks for Kids" program to 2nd, 4th and 6th graders in Northshore and Lake Washington school districts.
* "Transitioning With Awareness For New Nurses" and "Parkinson's And All That Jazz" are some of the in-service presentations I developed and delivered for Evergreen Hospital staff.
Email or Call Anna Satenstein-MA, LMFT, Certified Relational Life Therapist at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 06827
More Info About My Practice
Call me or email me for a free 15-20 minute consultation. The therapeutic relationship is a vehicle for integrating and applying new ideas and behaviors. Your free "test drive" will help you determine if we are a good therapeutic match on your healing journey.
Stress Less, Relate Well, Live Mindfully,
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My experience as patient and care-partner motivates me to help individuals, couples and families meet health challenges with respect, dignity, clarity, compassion, communication, user friendly resources and daily practices that support well-being. Personal and relational health empowers optimal health for each individual in the family and the family as a whole.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
*"Relational Life Therapy " for individuals, couples and groups. RLT consultation for therapists.
*"Women's Healing Circles" brain-mind-body awareness, boundaries, self-esteem, positive relational life strategies.
*"Integrating Mindfulness Into Everyday Life" Coaching for individuals and groups
*"Whole Person & Family Centered Care Advocate & Integrative Medicine Champion" for individuals, couples and families
*"Pre & Post Surgery" stress reduction, relaxation, imagery, effective communication skills
*"Healing Heart Meditations" for cardiac, arthritis, cancer, organ transplant patients and loved ones.
*"Transitioning with Awareness" for life's passages, including ceremony crafting for individuals, couples, families and groups
* Jewish wisdom, humor, meditation and spiritual practices
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.