Angela Avery, MA, LPC, NCC
Angela Avery, MA, LPC, NCC
|Professions: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Prof. Counselor - Educ. LTD - 10 - 6401014098|
Billing and Insurance
Fees: $80 - $120
See other therapists in Clarkston, MI.
I'm hoping to work with you! Whether you are in crisis, or there's just a dull ache of "something missing", I will listen and respond. I work with adults experiencing divorce, anxiety, depression and trauma; couples experiencing communication issues; and teens who are experiencing self-harm, depression and anxiety.
People are fascinating to me, and I approach each client warmly and without judgment, often with enthusiasm and a bit of humor! I honor the courage in you - to create trust and talk about your life's challenges.
In my therapy work, I draw on my life experience as much as my credentials to provide an warm, understanding experience for you. As a child in a divorced family, experiencing my own divorce and remarriage, and parenting my teenage children has given me a perspective to successfully help others through life's up and downs.
In addition to my Master's Degree in Counseling and Post-Master's Specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy, I am a Nationally Certified Counselor and a member of several national and state associations. I also recently completed The Gottman Institute's Level 1 Training for clinical couple work.
Your path to peace starts with a call now. Together we can find peace in the past, live for today and enjoy the future.
Email or Call Angela Avery, MA, LPC, NCC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 19552
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in teen self-harm such as cutting, and adult divorce transition. Allow me to help you or your child cope with the chaos that comes from feeling overwhelmed.
My Role as a Therapist
I believe the role of a therapist is to be a guide. A guide to help you see and understand the past and how it impacted you. A guide to show you the signs of growth and health. And a guide to teach new skills and detach from behavior that is not helping.
My Blog Posts
- How to Move On After a Breakup
- Why Do We Ignore the Red Flags in Our Relationships?
- Excoriation: When Skin Picking Is a Mental Health Issue
- 'Life-Transforming': Divorce Implications for Adolescents
- Why You Need a Vacation—Especially If You Don’t Think You Do
- 7 Ways to Survive the Holidays During a Divorce
- 8 Ways to Be a Better Dad (as Written by a Mom)
- Are You Obsessed with the Idea of a Fairy Tale Relationship?
- 8 Ways Parents Can Help Teens with Academic Overwhelm
- Kids Get Depressed, Too: 8 Signs of Depression in Teens
- Stuck with Stress: When Overwhelm Becomes Obsessive
- How to Build a Backbone in 3 Easy Steps
- 3 Steps to Stopping Negative Thoughts in Their Tracks
- 3 Steps to Unburdening Yourself from Perfectionist Thoughts
- Your Move, Parent: What to Do When Your Teen Is Cutting
- Why Do Teens Cut Themselves?
- Ever Wondered Why You Bite the Insides of Your Cheeks?
- 'What Have I Done?' An Introduction to Trichotillomania
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.