Andrea Shaw, PhD, MFT, MCC
Andrea Shaw, PhD, MFT, MCC
|Professions: Psychotherapy, Coaching|
I'm a licensed professional.
Marriage & Family Therapist - 684
Marriage & Family Therapist - MFC17093
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I have been working as a psychotherapist for 28 years. My specialties include helping people who are in transition, be that a new job, a relationship change, a health event, or divorce. I also focus on helping clients resolve anxiety, stress, and depression.
While some solutions may be practical, with a little time and attention, big concerns can not only be resolved, but in the process provide an opportunity for cultivating self-understanding and more meaning in life.
Clients tell me that they feel deeply understood by me. They say that I consistently find constructive, positive angles hidden in painful struggles, and that they feel clearer, stronger and a lot more comfort and peace.
or Call Andrea Shaw, PhD, MFT, MCC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 03966
More Info About My Practice
I am President and Manager of Transforming Challenge into Opportunity, PLLC. In addition, I am a health and life coach. I have worked for 12 years at Duke Integrative Medicine as a coach, instructor, and supervisor for coaches in training. I teach health coaching at Maryland University of Integrative Health.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
We all need to be accompanied, listened too, and supported to make positive change. Sometimes you can be surrounded by lots of people, yet you don't feel like they hear you or know how to help you with your concerns and worries. Therapy provides a private place where you can speak your truth. My job is to listen deeply, ask questions that provoke new thoughts, insights, and ultimately behaviors in you, and to do this with human caring and empathy. We need to feel comfortable and safe in order to speak our truth. To the best of my ability, I work to create that safe and supportive environment for you.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Chronic Pain
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Gottman Method
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychology
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.