Andrea M. Risi, LPC
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC - 5547|
|Secondary Credential: LMHC - 6337|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
See other therapists in Denver, CO.
Are you feeling stuck? I can help you move forward! I'm a Licensed Professional Counselor and I work with adolescents, young adults and families to restore emotional wellness. If you or your family member is struggling with chronic medical conditions, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, or social skills problems, we can work together to find a balance that can help you live a more peaceful and successful life.
We can use individual, couples or family counseling to address your concerns. I also offer "Walk and Talk" therapy, which is an innovative type of therapy that meets outdoors. Sitting stagnant in an office can lead to dull problem-solving skills, but moving while talking encourages creative thinking and positive thoughts. It literally helps people move forward!
Email or Call Andrea M. Risi, LPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 16459
More Info About My Practice
I am a provider for Anthem, Cigna and Mines & Associates EAP; I also offer a self-pay rate for those who wish to bypass insurance companies.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I have extensive work with chronic medical conditions. Being diagnosed with a chronic condition can be overwhelming and stressful. A negative link between mental and physical health can cause increased depression, pain and anxiety. We work together on accepting the condition while maintaining hope about the future.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Choosing a therapist can be scary or intimidating for some people. Finding a therapist who is empathetic and genuine is important. You should be able to build a trusting relationship with your therapist, and feel confident that she or he can help you successfully resolve your concerns.
My Blog Posts
- World Alzheimer’s Month: The Costs of Caregiving for Dementia
- Do You Have a Medical Condition? Channel Your Inner Yogi
- Disclosing Health Issues at Work: To Tell or Not to Tell
- Is Medication Compliance an Issue? Think Outside the Pillbox
- New Year’s Revolutions: Tips for Coping with Chronic Illness
- Chronic Illness and the Holidays: The Gift of Self-Care
- A Survival Guide for Caregivers with Depression and Anxiety
- Nutrition and Chronic Illness: Taking Out the Garbage
- Get Moving: Chronic Illness and the Benefits of Exercise
- Navigating the Dating World with a Chronic Illness
- Who Should You Tell About Your Chronic Illness?
- Dealing with Depression in the Midst of Chronic Illness
- Helping Others Understand Your Chronic Illness at the Holidays
- If You Want to Manage Your Pain, Manage Your Thoughts
- Is My Child Bipolar or Just Being a Kid?
- How to Help Children Cope with a Sibling's Chronic Illness
- Grief and Chronic Illness: How to Find Acceptance
- ‘Me Time’ When Coping with Chronic Illness, Part II
- 'Me Time' When Coping with Chronic Illness, Part I
- Six Tips for Treasuring the Holidays with Chronic Illness
- Know Your Limits When Parenting Children with Chronic Illness
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Chronic medical conditions
Asperger's Disorder (social skills/interpersonal skills)
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.