Afra Moenter, Ph.D., M.Ed., L.P.C.
|Professions: Coaching, Psychology, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Your psychogenic seizures are not who you are, they do not define you! They are an invitation to take a closer look at your life, to understand yourself more deeply, and transform those parts of you that want to be transformed. I will guide and support you in making changes, so you will become seizure-free and live a more meaningful and happy life.
In my work I use complementary treatment modalities focusing on the emotional and biobehavioral aspects of seizure disorders. If you have been diagnosed with PNES you will be familiar with feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, PTSD, shame, dissociation, and avoidance. Those feelings are hard to deal with for anybody, but especially hard to manage on top of having seizures.
I offer respiratory biofeedback, stress-reduction techniques, mindfulness based psychotherapy, and other interventions to help you create a better quality of life. Understanding and changing your behavior patterns, creating a seizure-friendly lifestyle, becoming aware of seizure triggers, and becoming completely seizure-free is the goal of my work.
Feel free to call me and we can discuss in greater detail how I can be of help to you. I do see clients from out-of-state, and am happy to consult with any current provider you might be seeing.
or Call Afra Moenter, Ph.D., M.Ed., L.P.C. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 20302
What I Love about Being a Psychotherapist
I really love working with people who are ready to make deep and long-lasting changes in their lives.
My Role as a Therapist
I see myself as a guide helping you navigate unfamiliar territory.
- Family Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Epilepsy, Psychological Non-epileptic Seizures (PNES)
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Body Image
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Prejudice / Discrimination
- Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Contemplative Psychotherapy
- Ecotherapy / Nature Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Humanistic Psychology
- Integrative Body Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic Psychotherapy
- Soul-Centered Psychiatry
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.