Interpersonal Communication Skills Test Online (Free and Paid)
Interpersonal communication skills affect every interaction we have. From negotiating for a promotion to resolving a conflict with a spouse, good communication skills can greatly improve life, while weak communication skills can make everyday interactions frustrating and tense.
Interpersonal communication encompasses a number of communication styles; there is not one "right" style, but knowing how to talk to a wide variety of people can greatly improve your social interactions and career success. Fortunately, interpersonal communication is a skill, and understanding your communication style can help you build upon your strengths and improve your weaknesses. This test measures several dimensions of interpersonal communication, including:
- Insightfulness – The ability to understand other people's words and intentions.
- Verbal Expression – The ability to express yourself verbally in a way that is clear, concise, and effective.
- Assertiveness – Your ability to express your opinions and ideas.
- Listening Skills – The ability to take turns and listen appropriately to others during conversation.
- Emotional Management – The ability to control your own emotions in conversation and the ability to properly respond to others' emotions.
Like other online personality tests, the Interpersonal Communication Skills Test relies on self-reports. While it can be difficult to admit to your communication weaknesses, answering honestly-- rather than giving the answer you hope is true--will give you the most accurate results. Accurate test results can help you determine specific steps for improvement.
GoodTherapy.org has partnered with PsychTests AIM Inc. as the assessment provider for this test. The test is brief. It contains 25 questions and only takes about 10 minutes to complete. When you complete the test, you will get a brief snapshot report on your interpersonal communication skills and have the option to purchase a more detailed full report. The detailed report contains information about your unique strengths and weaknesses and explains how you can improve your communication skills. The full test report is optional and can be purchased for $4.95 after you complete the test.