Recession Regression An Experiential Workshop on the Relationship to Money
Presented by Judith Barr, MS, LPC, LMHC on 03-20-2009 at 10 a.m. Pacific
Our unconscious relationship with money is complex, fascinating, and reveals profound clues for healing our psyche, soul, and financial lives. In these times of global economic downturn, it is crucial that we each explore our individual feelings, beliefs, and perceptions about money, both as therapists helping our clients and as human beings in our personal lives. Sadly, there is an absence of discussion in the financial and media worlds, and even in the world of healing, about the real roots of our relationships with money and the effects on the economy nationally and globally. Many simply don't look at the psychological aspect of what's going on in the financial area of their lives and the life of our world, focusing instead on outside things, actions, and other people. But if we don't look inside, too, the underlying causes will be ignored and any solutions will not be created on firm ground, but rather on shifting sands. This applies to solutions in our individual lives as well as solutions in our country and our world.
In this innovative experiential teleconference, Judith Barr shares with us her unique way of looking at people's relationships with money and offers a glimpse of your own inner relationship with money: the wounds, the strengths, the hidden decisions, your deepest feelings, and the effect on your outer relationship with money.
Judith will utilize both a breadth and depth of exploration that offers insights into ways to help clients and the world understand and heal their own relationships with money to the root. Deeply committed to healing the misuse of power in our world and its transformation into use of power for magnificent good, Judith is called to help us experience the power we have to help and to use that power well. As counselors and therapists, we have the power to help our clients and the public in general utilize the challenges and crises in their lives and the life of our world for extraordinary healing and transformation. Come join us as Judith, through the medium of a talk, demonstration, and question and answer period (if there is time) shares how she is teaching and helping people, laypeople and professionals alike, understand their own inner relationships with money and the way that these individual relationships affect global events.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will join the teleconference by calling into the teleconference center and entering an access code. The teleconference will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. GoodTherapy.org solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This teleconference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Judith Barr, MS, LPC, LMHC
Passionate about her desire to help heal and transform the planet and is committed to making a difference one-by-one and on a global scale, Judith Barr brings to her practice a tapestry of natural gifts interwoven with her life experience and professional skills, combining her deep roots in psychotherapy with her own growing-edge spiritual midwifery—the practice of serving as midwife to the birthing and journey of another's soul.
Judith practices in Brookfield, Connecticut. Her background includes private practice as a depth psychotherapist since 1975, an MS in Counseling, and licensure as a Mental Health Counselor. She is the author of Power Abused, Power Healed and has published an audio series, "The Spoken Word on Behalf of the Feminine" and more than two dozen articles for both professionals and the general public. Judith offers her healing expertise in an array of formats, including working with individuals, groups, workshops, and consultations. In addition to this she offers training and supervision programs for healing arts professionals.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.