Life-Success Therapeutic Interventions: Clinically Equipping People for Success and Satisfaction
Presented by Carol Francis, PsyD on 03-01-2013 at 9 a.m. Pacific
To remain relevant in this modern, quick-changing western society, professional psychotherapists need to also master therapeutic techniques which develop and ignite the ability of a person in therapy to be successful.
Success in our society is often defined as being able to:
- Create happy, vibrant, and rewarding relationships
- Attain and maintain work in ways that supports financial fluidity (following financial security)
- Sculpture healthy, active bodies
- Discover, create, and evolve a path that feels existentially meaningful-perhaps spiritual, purposeful, or worthwhile
“Living life to the fullest” is the new normative and socialized goal which this new era of people in therapy seek more often than merely symptom relief or cures from trauma. Psychotherapists thus need to embrace different perspectives and utilize old tools, modify “popular culture” tools, and create new tools to facilitate this search for being fully satisfied with self and life.
This web conference is intermediate instructional level and designed to help clinicians:
- Differentiate the perspectives, goals, tools, and limits of medical models, pathology-models, interpersonal-models, developmental-models, neuropsychological and psychobiological models, and successful life-oriented models;
- Delineate details and personality-profiles associated with the current client population which seeks successful-life-oriented treatment as associated to sociology, economics, psychosocial historical shifts, self-help industry and coaching industry, pathology, and health of society;
- Apply traditional psychotherapeutic techniques which can be modified to focus on a Success-Oriented model;
- Utilize newer clinical psychotherapies oriented to success and satisfaction models.
If you have any questions about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will be able to listen to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Carol Francis, PsyD
Dr. Carol Francis has 32 years of experience providing psychotherapy and has worked with tens of thousands of people. In her work, Dr. Francis eagerly seeks to invigorate each person's life and each professional's toolbox. Dr. Francis has written books, articles, and chapters on the topics of family, marriage, children, psychotherapy, weight loss, habit cessation, abuse, military life, spiritual mindfulness, anxiety, cognitive improvement, and fitness. Dr. Francis has been a professor, keynote conference speaker, and television show host and guest since 2008. She also hosts Dr. Carol Francis Radio Talk Show. For more information about Dr. Francis, please visit www.drcarolfrancis.com
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APA approval applies to all events listed after May 2011.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.