To remain relevant in this modern, quick-changing western society, professional psychotherapists need to also master therapeutic techniques which develop and ignite a client's ability to be successful.
Success in our society is often defined as being able to:
• Create happy, vibrant, and rewarding relationships
• Attain and maintain work in ways that supports financial fluidity (following financial security)
• Sculpture healthy, active bodies
• Discover, create and evolve a path that feels existentially meaningful-perhaps spiritual, purposeful or worthwhile
“Living life to the fullest” is the new normative and socialized goal which this new era of clients seek more often than merely symptom relief or cures from trauma. Psychotherapists thus need to embrace different perspectives and utilize old tools, modify “popular culture” tools, and create new tools to facilitate this search for being fully satisfied with self and life.
This web conference is intermediate instructional level and designed to help clinicians:
1) Differentiate the perspectives, goals, tools, and limits of medical models, pathology-models, interpersonal-models, developmental-models, neuropsychological and psychobiological models, and successful life-oriented models;
2) Delineate details and personality-profiles associated with the current client population which seeks successful-life-oriented treatment as associated to sociology, economics, psychosocial historical shifts, self-help industry and coaching industry, pathology, and health of society;
3) Apply traditional psychotherapeutic techniques which can be modified to focus on a Success-Oriented model;
4) Utilize newer clinical psychotherapies oriented to success and satisfaction models.
If you have any questions about this Web Conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
Carol Francis, PsyD
Dr. Carol Francis has 32 years experience providing psychotherapy and has worked with tens of thousands of people. In her work, Dr. Francis eagerly seeks to invigorate each person's life and each professional's toolbox. Dr. Francis has written books, articles, and chapters on the topics of family, marriage, children, psychotherapy, weight loss, habit cessation, abuse, military life, spiritual mindfulness, anxiety, cognitive improvement, and fitness. Dr. Francis has been a professor, keynote conference speaker, and television show host and guest since 2008. She also hosts Dr. Carol Francis Radio Talk Show.
For more information about Dr. Francis, please visit: http://www.drcarolfrancis.com
Continuing Education Archive has 301.5 CE credits and counting!
All are available to GoodTherapy.org therapist members at no additional cost. If you haven't already, join us today!
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety. GoodTherapy.org is approved as a continuing education provider by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS). Course meets the qualifications for two hours of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. GoodTheray.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 20, 2015 through March 20, 2016. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
In short, participants will be able to listen to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.