A Humanistic Approach to Coaching Wrestling

Discussions about general medical conditions (chronic pain, HIV, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, etc.) and your relationship with your body.

A Humanistic Approach to Coaching Wrestling

Postby CoachO1 » December 13th, 2012

I have attempted to change the "beat him-up" philosophy of sport. Could you help me by listing and reviewing e-book: amazon.
CoachO1

Re: A Humanistic Approach to Coaching Wrestling

Postby openminded » December 17th, 2012

I think that is great. Anything that you can do I'm sure would be greatly appreciated. There is too much beating up mentality in sports like hockey, football, soccer and all the other contact sports. Too many sportsmen are getting hurt through physical contact and with some of them even committing suicide because they have been hit in the head too much. Whether it is you as 1 person or you and a group fighting against it I wish you luck and will join in your fight for this calming down of sports to a normal level.
openminded

Postby geminigirl » December 17th, 2012

It certainly sounds like you are being a conscientious person by putting your sport before the beatings that can come with it. I'm sure that any librarian could point out some books for you to read i order to prevent those things from happening and hurt the people you are coaching.

I would be very proud to be your friend and anything I can help you with please let me know.
geminigirl

Postby bluesy » December 29th, 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by reviewing e-book; amazon. Is there a particular book you are talking about so that we can possibly review it?

I totally agree there is too much beat'em up in sports and that should change. Have you started a group of coaches getting together to discuss this as that would be great.

Anything that we can do to assist you in this, please do not hesitate to ask.
bluesy

Postby Soccermom » October 9th, 2013

@bluesy: I think the OP meant this book here: http://www.amazon.com/Humanistic-Approach-Coaching-Wrestling-ebook/dp/B004PGNFWK

On topic: The greed of winning at all costs is what makes a sportsperson hurt another physically. Even sports like boxing or wrestling is not about hurting your opponent but only about doing better than him or her in technique. As soon as the feeling of hurting an opponent arises then that is greed of winning, not something a real 'winner' would ever do!
Soccermom

Postby AmericanGirl » October 18th, 2013

I love this thread, but I don't think you should be punished for simply thinking something and never acting on it.

I love behavioral therapy and biofeedback. I am great generally. But of course nobody is perfect and I am not trying to be. :) Or I am, but I know I will never be perfect... still something to aspire to be.. a good person always.
AmericanGirl

Return to Health & Body

Subscription list changes
  • Advertisement