Forgive for Good
Presented by Frederic Luskin, PhD on 04-26-2013 at 9 a.m. Pacific
Dr. Frederic Luskin provides a powerful groundbreaking method that has been shown to reduce hurt feelings, anger, and depression. In this Web Conference, Dr. Luskin will explain how letting go of helplessness and anger allows for forgiveness. Individuals can learn to release grudges and unwanted hurt feelings in order to experience a sense of peace, love, and happiness. The practice of letting go affects our attitudes and opens our hearts, thus allowing us to experience the healing benefits of forgiveness.
This web conference is beginning instructional level and designed to help clinicians:
- Define forgiveness;
- Complete a forgiveness assessment;
- Explain the mind/body link and forgiveness;
- Transform a grievance story.
If you have any questions about this Web Conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will be able to listen to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This web conference is available at no cost to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Event Reviews from Members
I liked his definition of forgiveness: Giving up the hope to change the past. - Cristina Fandino, EdD, MEd, Lic
It was a good reminder of how we humans struggle with pain and want to push it aside versus deal with it and work through it. - Nicole Burgess LMFT
Meet the Presenter
Frederic Luskin, PhD
Frederic Luskin is the Director of the Stanford Forgiveness Projects and the Director of Wellness Education for Be Well at Stanford. He is the author of the bestselling book Forgive for Good and presents workshops and seminars on forgiveness as a psychoeducational and therapeutic tool.
For more information about Dr. Luskin, please visit learningtoforgive.com.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APA approval applies to all events listed after May 2011.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.