Providing Coaching Services in Private Practice: A Guide for Therapists
Presented by David Steele, MA, LMFT on 09-28-2012 at 9 a.m. Pacific
If you’ve wondered why you keep hearing about coaching and all the excitement it’s creating, if you want to work with a larger network of people, if you're passionate about making a significant difference in the world... you might consider including coaching as a service in your private practice.
This Web Conference demystifies the coaching profession and provides clear guidelines for how you can practice competently and successfully as a therapist-coach.
In this presentation, David Steele, MA, LMFT will answer common questions about coaching, such as:
- Is coaching a good fit for my practice?
- What choices are available for coach training?
- Do I need special liability insurance for coaching?
- How do I know what is best for those I treat: therapy or coaching?
- Can I provide coaching and therapy with the same person?
This Web Conference is designed to help clinicians:
- Identify at least three significant ways that coaching differs from therapy;
- Recognize the major legal and ethical concerns of providing coaching in a therapy practice;
- List at least three strategies for determining whether a potential client is a candidate for coaching or therapy;
- Learn clear guidelines for providing coaching to those in therapy.
If you have any questions about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will be able to listen to the live event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. GoodTherapy.org solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org Members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
David Steele, MA, LMFT
David Steele is the founder of Relationship Coaching Institute, the first and largest international relationship coach training organization, and author of From Therapist to Coach: How to Leverage Your Clinical Expertise to Build a Thriving Coaching Practice (Wiley, 2011). His latest book is called The Million Dollar Private Practice: Using Your Expertise to Build a Highly Successful Business That Makes a Difference (Wiley, August 2012).
For more information, please visit his website.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APA approval applies to all events listed after May 2011.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.