How The Body Remembers and Heals Trauma
Presented by Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCSW on 11-30-2012 at 9 a.m. Pacific
The sensory nervous system holds a major key to understanding how trauma is recognized, remembered, and healed. While other parts of the nervous system are often written about and taught in trauma trainings, the sensory nervous system is often overlooked. The understanding that PTSD persists because there is imbalance in the sensory nervous system will help therapists and those in therapy alike to better manage and heal the effects of trauma.
This web conference is designed to help clinicians:
- Discuss of the roles of the amygdala and hippocampus in processing sensory information;
- Explain the difference between the interoceptive and exteroceptive sensory systems;
- Help people in therapy to utilize dual awareness;
- Stop a flashback.
If you have any questions about this web conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will be able to listen to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCSW
Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCSW, has been a therapist since 1976 and has been teaching and instructing other professionals since 1992. She is the author of the bestselling book The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment. She has also authored Help for the Helper: The Psychophysiology of Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma; 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery; Trauma Essentials:The Go-To Guide; The Body Remembers CASEBOOK-Unifying Methods and Models in the Treatment of Trauma and PTSD, and 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery. Babette is the Editor for the series 8 Keys Self Help.
She worked in Copenhagen, Denmark for nine years before returning to Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Rothschild loves to write and continues to lecture throughout the world. For more information about Babette Rothschild and her work, please visit her website.
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APA approval applies to all events listed after May 2011.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.