Study: Link Between Blood Pressure Meds and Depression October 24, 2016 . 2 Comments
According to a new study examining the link between blood pressure medications and depression risk, certain medication types may increase the risk of developing depression or other mood ... Read More
Depression Shown in Physical Brain Areas, and Other News October 21, 2016 . 4 Comments
An investigation by a team of international researchers suggests depression is closely associated with specific areas of the physical brain. These findings could eventually contribute to ... Read More
Mindfulness Meditation Helps Tame Emotions, and Other News October 7, 2016 . 2 Comments
New evidence suggests the benefits of mindfulness meditation are not limited to people with a naturally mindful perspective. This finding may help to counter the notion that meditation ... Read More
Stronger Than You Think: Finding Your Hidden Strength Within October 5, 2016 . 7 Comments
If you’ve ever accidentally walked face-first through a spider’s web, you know the feeling of surprise and disgust of having a thin, sticky substance cover your face. I happen ... Read More
A Happy Partner Is Good for Your Health, and Other News September 30, 2016 . 2 Comments
Having a happy partner has been linked with better health outcomes for middle-aged and older adults over time, according to a report published by the American Psychological Association. ... Read More
Collaborative Care an Effective Treatment for Teen Depression September 28, 2016 . 6 Comments
A coordinated team effort that includes doctors, family support, and a depression care manager could be a more effective approach to treating adolescent depression than more traditional ... Read More
Light Therapy May Increase Male Sex Drive, and Other News September 23, 2016 . 6 Comments
According to a study presented at the recent European College of Neuropsychopharmacology conference, the male libido could be restored using artificial light therapy. The finding may represent ... Read More
4 Ways the NFL Is Helping Destigmatize Mental Health Issues September 8, 2016 . 8 Comments
As the National Football League (NFL) gears up for the start of its regular season this week, policies and practices related to mental health are underway to help the league, its players, ... Read More
Clinton Releases Mental Health Agenda, and Other News September 2, 2016 . 4 Comments
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton released a package of proposed mental health reforms on Monday. The reforms include the integration of mental and physical health, with the ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Pat: My boyfriend and I have been living together for 8 years now. He has always been ok with wanting to get married, but I’m not. I have...
- Michelle: Omg. The Serpent Beast strikes again. Btw weren’t you one of those poor unfortunate women begging for us to wake up OUR God?...
- Lynn Somerstein: IT’s good to hear positive comments about foster care. Thanks Emmie and Olivia. Foster parents can be lifesavers. Parents...
- Leenan: .This is the first article by a professional iv ever seen or read that describes me completely. people have not believed me or been able to...
- Blanca: The first thing you should do is call unto Jesus Christ, our Savior; ask him about your feelings. Ask Him what you need to do. The word of...