Therapy News Headlines
October 1, 2011 .
Wow, that sounds abusive and my first reaction is to say, it’s time to get a new therapist. Anyone who is truly being abused by their therapist needs ... Read More
November 27, 2015 .
There is no question that this is a painful situation for everyone—particularly your kids. The way they are responding to you and this new situation is definitely impacted by how young they are and ... Read More
November 20, 2015 .
You are not alone—not everybody loves the holidays, and plenty of people hate them. Thanksgiving is only round one. Not long after, you get socked with a real haymaker, the endgame (literally, ... Read More
November 13, 2015 .
Before I try to answer your question, I have to come clean. When my husband Mark and I first met 30 years ago I lived with a 7-year-old boy, two snakes, two cats, a dog, a bunch of tropical fish, two ... Read More
November 6, 2015 .
Thank you for reaching out with this powerful question. There are a number of reasons you may be engaging in this behavior, and I hope this response helps you to uncover some of what motivates it so ... Read More
October 30, 2015 .
Thank you for your very honest letter. First, let me say that I do not think there is any such thing as “crazy.” Part of my work as a psychotherapist is to put such apparently “irrational” ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Rozanne: Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Gratitude Jar. Over the last few years I have come to see and increasingly...
- Maua: Hi it is very true. Recently my mother passed from cancer, I have been through a lot. I have a feeling she will be moving soon. So when I...
- ron: Are doctors screening for this and telling new moms the risks to their infants if they have PCOS?
- Nelly: Am I just being cynical when I say that I believe that it will take more than this to end racial bias and prejudice?
- John: There has been some proof that reducing exposure such as through advertising we can cut the rates of underage smoking. I guess that this...