State of Mind Affects How Wounds Heal, New Study Shows August 2, 2010 . 10 Comments
Once again, research shows a direct connection between mental health and physical health. Previous studies have drawn connections between depressive thoughts and physical ailments including ... Read More
Therapy For Abusive Mothers: What Makes a Difference? August 1, 2010 . 20 Comments
For adults who were physically or verbally abused as children, psychotherapy is an important step in working through the difficult emotions these experiences have created. But what about ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
May 26, 2017 .
According to a report by the Royal Society for Public Health, social media app Instagram is more harmful to young people’s mental health than other social ... Read More
May 25, 2017 .
Sexual violence is a common experience among college women with mental health or behavioral disabilities, a study published in the Journal of Women’s ... Read More
May 24, 2017 .
Immigration policy may affect the classroom behavior of U.S.-born students of Latin descent, according to a study published in the journal Ethnic and Racial ... Read More
May 23, 2017 .
Teenagers and young adults often experience misogyny and sexual harassment in their relationships, according to a new report from Harvard University. The ... Read More
May 22, 2017 .
Victims of workplace bullying often receive advice that is ineffective or makes things worse, according to a study published in the Journal of Applied ... Read More
May 26, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I am having trouble living with the constant resentment I feel toward other ... Read More
May 19, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, First, let me say I don't think I'm a great parent, but I do try to be one. I know the way I parent is different than how a lot of people are ... Read More
May 12, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm pretty sure I met the love of my life three weeks ago. I'm falling for him fast. He's Read More
May 5, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'll just say it: I hate my parents with every fiber of my being. I'm pretty sure they hate me, too. My dad beat me almost every day when I was ... Read More
April 28, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I am hoping you can give me an honest answer here. I have been seeing a therapist for nearly three years now and I just don't feel like it's ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- celeste: Instagram encourages no secrets everyone knows what everyone is up to even when it would be best for some people to be left in the dark...
- Marian: I messed up pretty badly when my kids were little staying home when in reality I couldn’t really afford to and trying to keep up with...
- Viv: I think that most of us can sense when we are unwanted and if it were me I would shy away from that.
- Janice: I guess I haven’t really given that much thought into a therapist for her because honestly I usually look at it as I mist be doing...
- Fletcher: Not every single child who is outgoing and effusive in this way is in danger of attracting unwanted attention nor does it mean that there...