Narrative Couples Therapy: The Power of Externalization December 2, 2009 . 5 Comments
The practices of narrative therapy often challenge simple explanations of objective truth. Our lives are seen as multi-storied, rich with details and diverse experiences. In narrative ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
December 2, 2009 .
The practices of narrative therapy often challenge simple explanations of objective truth. Our lives are seen as multi-storied, rich with details and ... Read More
December 1, 2009 .
In The Forgiving Self, Psychologist Robert Karen writes,”all lives are rent with losses from the very beginning.” The list of authors addressing ... Read More
February 5, 2016 .
I am so very sorry that this is how the relationship with your therapist has ended. You mention feeling angry, hurt, ... Read More
January 29, 2016 .
There is no question that inheritance bequests can create significant tension and strife in families. Often, one or ... Read More
January 22, 2016 .
Your very sad story is touching. You’re worried that you’ve wasted four years of your life and clearly miss the man who was your partner, and you long for the good times you spent together. ... Read More
January 15, 2016 .
Thank you for your question, which took bravery on your part, I’m sure. I think I get the “I’m a little afraid of your answer” part, as I’m sensing some Read More
January 8, 2016 .
I find myself filled with compassion for you. It sounds like so many of the common, everyday sounds of life are ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Christina: I was arrested and put into what amounted to solitary confinement for a month while I waited on a court date in a tiny town in the...
- Andrew Archer, LCSW: @Lynn, I agree we shouldn’t be the ones judging others. @janine, I like the way you describe your introspective process...
- T. Francis: Deb, our stories are so similar! It never ceases to amaze me that this didn’t just happen to me. My best advice to you is to have...
- Leigh: You have GOT to be kidding me! The partner of a sex addict is absolutely and completely destroyed. Years, decades of a life is taken and...
- sibs: I have an emergency box I break open when I get to this place. I have a sign I stick on the fridge saying “don’t think, just...