Narrative Couples Therapy: The Power of Externalization December 2, 2009 . 5 Comments
The practices of narrative therapy often challenge simple explanations of objective truth. Our lives are seen as multi-storied, rich with details and diverse experiences. In narrative ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
December 2, 2009 .
The practices of narrative therapy often challenge simple explanations of objective truth. Our lives are seen as multi-storied, rich with details and ... Read More
December 1, 2009 .
In The Forgiving Self, Psychologist Robert Karen writes,”all lives are rent with losses from the very beginning.” The list of authors addressing ... Read More
November 27, 2015 .
There is no question that this is a painful situation for everyone—particularly your kids. The way they are responding to you and this new situation is definitely impacted by how young they are and ... Read More
November 20, 2015 .
You are not alone—not everybody loves the holidays, and plenty of people hate them. Thanksgiving is only round one. Not long after, you get socked with a real haymaker, the endgame (literally, ... Read More
November 13, 2015 .
Before I try to answer your question, I have to come clean. When my husband Mark and I first met 30 years ago I lived with a 7-year-old boy, two snakes, two cats, a dog, a bunch of tropical fish, two ... Read More
November 6, 2015 .
Thank you for reaching out with this powerful question. There are a number of reasons you may be engaging in this behavior, and I hope this response helps you to uncover some of what motivates it so ... Read More
October 30, 2015 .
Thank you for your very honest letter. First, let me say that I do not think there is any such thing as “crazy.” Part of my work as a psychotherapist is to put such apparently “irrational” ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Fay: Hi everyone – I am so grateful that I found this site. I discovered last July that I have C-PTSD. I have been in recovery from Alcohol...
- Shelly: If you truly love him amd want to keep your relationship, so you must act quickly! It seems he’s missing an important part of being...
- Marco: Hello jsb. I think I understand what you’re saying, In fact up until now the whole transference thing hasn’t made any sense to...
- Colette: I’m so GRATEFUL I READ this amazing article! I’m not crazy and he is a complete narcissistic control freak. Wow, I have lived...
- Ashley: Are there any type of online support groups for those who are suffering from Sexual aversion?