Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
July 22, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this question, but nothing medical seems to make any sense to my life, so I figured I'd reach out ... Read More
July 15, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I grew up in a fairly loving, supportive environment, and I don't understand why I'm so filled with Read More
July 8, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, So I know "crazy" isn't an acceptable term these days, but it's a term I genuinely identify with, since I don't know what's wrong with me and ... Read More
July 1, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I was raised by parents who taught me the importance of remaining chaste until Read More
June 24, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I am just starting to look into therapy for some stuff I am dealing with (Read More
Search Our Blog
- Charlotte: Me too,I never feel attracted to men in my age.If you really know what you want you will find a man that meet your criteria,not all of...
- lynda: I grew up in a very traditional household. Father wad the authoritarian and breadwinner while mother stayed home. I had no relationship with...
- Kelly S.: This is the girl friend. I do not want him to punish him all the time. However I DO think that our boy is capable of understanding...
- Kimber Olson: One of my favorite cartoons is of a mother and her friend sitting on the couch and talking. There is a child just behind them...
- Trent: It lets me do something that I like, playing games, in a fun way where I also get to interact with other people. Or I can play alone,...