Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
August 26, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm almost five months pregnant, and I've woken up ... Read More
August 19, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I grew up in a large, loving family, and thought for most of my life that I'd have a few kids of my own. I do ache for a family all my own, ... Read More
August 12, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Three months ago, my husband returned from his second deployment to the Middle East. I was excited to see him and resume our life together, but ... Read More
August 5, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I recently attended my father's funeral, which was a very large gathering with family, friends, and people in the community. He touched many ... Read More
July 29, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, At the risk of sounding silly and love-obsessed, I'm wondering if you can help me ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Dhyan Summers: Yes Sen, I know exactly how you feel. There can be a sense of hopelessness when you begin to realize the extent of the hurt and...
- Betty: Thank you for sharing your story. My stepdaughter lost her mom at 5 yo and I became a stepmom when she was 7yo. I love and care for her the...
- mary: I lost my husband June 1, 2016. We were married 44 years and knew each other 46 years. He didn’t die from cancer, but the cancer caused...
- Carolyn: My daughter just eliminated us from her life because her therapist and she decided we (my husband and I) were two of many trigger points...
- Marsha: Great reminders for both the seasoned therapist and the beginner. Curiosity should always be respectful and the focus should be what the...