Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
September 23, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm reaching out partly at the insistence of a few friends, who all seem to be worried about me and my antisocial habits. I guess the problem, ... Read More
September 16, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Sleep is supposed to be restful, right? For ... Read More
September 9, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Before you say it, yes, I know it's not ideal or advisable to try to recover from Read More
September 2, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I recently attended a family reunion (full disclosure: this was in the deep south) and was horrified to discover how closed-minded and bigoted ... Read More
August 26, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm almost five months pregnant, and I've woken up ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- alisa: I have been using online therapy and at first loved my counselor. However, when I expressed some concerns over a few things – where I...
- Jbird: Yes, a short temper is pretty benign compared to the crippling hypervigilant state that my body feels “stuck” on. It causes a...
- Juan: When u find it let me knoe I use to be a good boy growing up in a extreme ruff Barrio untill I got lockt up doing years in jail county now a...
- Davew: I think your thinking is very clear and precise. I wonder if your husband is as articulate as you. Intellectual jealousy acts out in strange...
- Abdulqadeer: Change on my door!