Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
May 27, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Our son, who turned 18 last month, is about to graduate from high school. He's a great kid, an Eagle Scout, and a straight-A student (3.96 ... Read More
May 20, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, It's been a few months since my miscarriage, and while my body has finally recovered from the Read More
May 13, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I am 18 and have been employed at a branch of a small restaurant chain for almost six months. The manager is often out of the restaurant, ... Read More
May 6, 2016 .
Thank you for your candor. You raise some interesting points, and I’ll do my best to answer them. First of all, I want to stay out of the controversy of whether pornography use is addictive. I ... Read More
April 29, 2016 .
I'm afraid I can't advise you on legal issues, but you may want to consult an attorney in your area to get more information about what your options might be should you choose to ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Dhyan Summers: Jo, it sounds like you are in a difficult situation in your family. I wonder what might happen if you wrote them a similar letter...
- Jiffylube: But what if its a well resected child but the parents didn’t get discipline and are spoiled rotten. That’s the point ....
- Rebecca: yes jackie they would but i don’t know if i can. my cats too are a comfort. our cats. our little frida has diabetes and her sugar...
- DontFeelLovedWithoutSex: Im a twenty year old female suffering from not getting enough sex with my fiancé. All my ex boyfriends wanted sex all day...
- The GoodTherapy.org Team: Hi Mitra, This was written by a freelance news correspondent who is no longer with GoodTherapy.org. If you’re...