Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
October 21, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I figured it was time to write in with this question since I just got out of my car shaking with Read More
October 14, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Please help me cope with the very confusing and conflicting feelings I'm having. I'm 28 and just found out last month I Read More
October 7, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Apparently, I am the only person in my life who has remained unaware that I have a huge problem with talking to myself and narrating my own ... Read More
September 30, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I've been overweight my entire life. I'm now in my 30s and in the "obese" category, and I hate feeling like ... Read More
September 23, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm reaching out partly at the insistence of a few friends, who all seem to be worried about me and my antisocial habits. I guess the problem, ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Lisa: This has become such a prevalent topic! Is this more new or has it always gone on quite like this?
- Shivam: What should a children do when his own family don’t want to adopt the children, means his parents are telling that he is mad he...
- Doug: No one ever wants to believe that their therapist could be biased against them, but they too are human and we all have our shortcomings. Now...
- sylvie: In a weird way it sort of feels a little empowering
- Angela: If you are indeed angry over this then I fear that your focus in life is way too skewed. You are looking at it all in the pessimistic glass...