Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 27 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
February 17, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, So I've heard that if you want to be a mental health professional, it's necessary to do your own internal work in Read More
February 10, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, My mother has Alzheimer's, and I've been her primary Read More
February 3, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Throughout my life, I've seemed to encounter many scenarios where I've been presented with choices or opportunities that had the power to ... Read More
January 27, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I am under 18 and live with my dad and stepmom. I've been cutting for almost a ... Read More
January 20, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm afraid of everything. I seriously mean everything. Spiders, clowns, heights, germs, dying, dogs, small spaces, large crowds, ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Natalie: Hi Everyone, it has been over amonth since I last wrote. I lost my husband after to a sudden brainstem hemorrhage. He was 50 and we had...
- Tony: Your dad was a selfish d$ck. Don’t even give him the time of day.
- Tapped: I would like to say that love comes and goes. It is up to the two persons to make it or NOT. I am married to a beautiful women that is 40...
- Sadie: I don’t know a single person who has NEVER had a dry spell. A friend gave me the name of a good book called “The Six Passions of...
- John: Having read your short regret story, I can only say I understand. I am 73 and full of regrets regarding the decisions I have made in my life....