Quitting the Couch: Five Reasons People Leave Therapy Prematurely April 4, 2009 . 25 Comments
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking anti-depressants. “I would recommend ... Read More
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Kids, and Chronic Pain April 1, 2009 . 13 Comments
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional and personal lives and in many cases, ... Read More
Therapy News Headlines
April 4, 2009 .
After being in therapy for several years and in a particularly low place, a friend of mine asked her therapist if he thought she should look into taking ... Read More
April 4, 2009 .
In the year 2011, the first wave of the 76 million baby-boomers will turn 65. Our changing demographics, fueled by increased longevity and the aging of ... Read More
April 2, 2009 .
Many machines with rotating parts contain flywheels. Almost all automobile engines have them. A flywheel is a heavy wheel which rotates when the machine ... Read More
April 1, 2009 .
A GoodTherapy.org News Update Chronic physical pain with no known source is a problem that affects millions of Americans, wreaking havoc on professional ... Read More
January 20, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I'm afraid of everything. I seriously mean everything. Spiders, clowns, heights, germs, dying, dogs, small spaces, large crowds, ... Read More
January 13, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, Please help me figure out how to keep my sanity around this person I have to encounter every day at work. You know how some personalities just ... Read More
January 6, 2017 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, I started going to therapy a couple months ago as part of a court order after I was arrested (again) for shoplifting. I also have Read More
December 30, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, My mom is nearing 70. She was widowed four years ago, and ever since then she seems to have given up on life. She barely leaves her house, ... Read More
December 23, 2016 .
Dear GoodTherapy.org, My 5-year-old is a generally happy and sweet kid, but I have been noticing ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Bailee: I truly believe that some of the best lessons in life do indeed come from enduring some of the toughest experiences.
- Connor: I guess when I first read this I thought automatically that stalking had to be more about a ling term behavior but you are saying that even...
- luCas: Sometimes I really hate it that my parents were not better models for me in terms of what it is like to give love freely and to then receive...
- Bonner S: I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that anything when taken to the extreme could ultimately hand you a failure when it comes...
- Edward: For me the greatest gift has been coming to know that there is no right way and wrong way to feel or even to express yourself. Going to...