Healing Betrayal Caused by Infidelity
Presented by Laurie Moore, PhD on 08-31-2012 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
The experience of betrayal caused by infidelity can be emotionally complex. A person who has been deceived may experience loneliness, self-esteem decrease, grief, and at times, helplessness. When someone is betrayed by infidelity, there are a number of ways to help them recover. During this Web Conference clinicians will learn about the complex emotional components created in betrayal, and how to assist people to heal.
Grief can be de-intensified with Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR helps people to more quickly digest the traumatic emotions associated with betrayal. People who have been betrayed are prone to feel sad, angry, isolated, resentful, and stuck. EMDR can help these emotions to diminish.
Hypnotherapy can also be a useful tool for moving people through feelings of betrayal by helping them to set new intentions. Hypnotherapy can assist people with solving any inner conflict occurring from feeling betrayed. Because people who have been betrayed often struggle for a long time, hypnotherapy can lessen the time period of struggles.
Person-centered therapy is a very important personal touch for people who have been betrayed. Being assured that their feelings are normal can feel reassuring and validating. Being heard and received with empathy helps a person to return to equanimity.
This web conference is designed to help clinicians:
- List the benefits of using hypnotherapy to address grief caused by betrayal;
- Clarify the value of using EMDR to address emotional discomfort caused by betrayal;
- Explain how person-centered therapy can address the emotions caused by betrayal to enhance treatment outcomes;
- Explore the process by hearing real-life studies in which the grief, discomfort, and emotions related to betrayal were diminished by hypnotherapy, EMDR, and person-centered therapy.
If you have any questions about this Web Conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This web conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org Members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Laurie Moore, PhD
Dr. Laurie Moore has been a certified hypnotherapist (CHT) and licensed therapist (LMFT) for several decades and has assisted many people and animals to find peace by solving their challenges. She has been a worldwide instructor traveling to Europe and throughout the USA. She hosts a television show “Universal Love and Animal Communication.” Dr. Moore was a teacher for the psychology graduate program at Johnson State College and San Francisco State University. She has appeared on TV programs such as Fox News, NBC, KRON News Weekend, Intuitive Soul, CNN.com, In the Company of Angels, Dolphinville.com, and Seeing Beyond. For more information about Dr. Moore, please visit her website.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. GoodTherapy.org received APA approval in May 2011. Events after 2011 may meet APA requirements for Continuing Education credits.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.